Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carlsbad, CA (7710 El Camino Real, LIVE 27 Sep 2018, 26 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the upper level, there are spots with the pedestals at the entrance to the parking spot. I figured those would be the first to get hit considering it seems to take a 3 point turn for most to park there.

It didn't take too long...

Attachments

• IMG-5797.JPG
    IMG-5797.JPG
    524.4 KB · Views: 117
Charged here on 1/30 and wasn't like this but one of the lower ones was damaged and covered with plastic. There were several Model 3s without plates charging and no owners around and I saw a couple Model X drivers get dropped off to get their cars they had left there charging. Since there isn't much around there to do, I suspect locals that get free charging bring them there and get a ride back when they're done or close to done to prevent idle fees. Had no problem finding a space and it was $.28 per kwh to charge.

• Informative
Reactions: caltechkid
Map is showing reduced capacity, so I stopped by on my way home. A total of 4 chargers are not usable: the one in the handicap space at the bottom of the steps is out (wrapped in a garbage bag), 4A is being worked on by Tesla, they have 4B blocked off but it looks ok, and they are parked in 3B (and charging, so 3B must be fixed) while they are working on 4A.

Good sign they are here though, with a 3 day weekend coming up. As for the remaining 16 open chargers, 15 of them were being used. Hopefully they finish fixing 4A soon and open up 3B and 4B as well.

Curious as to why this was not done in the first place. Clearly this was planned for in the original permit and design. My random guess is that the owners of the lot would only agree to 20 stalls initially until they saw how it worked, with the agreement to expand if all looked favorable. Again, total random guess.

Reactions: jowaldo