Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlton, MA (I-90 westbound service plaza)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
August 15 5:50pm today, passed by, still out of service.
1629064339959.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
August 15 5:50pm today, passed by, still out of service.
View attachment 696955
Seems odd. I just looked back and noticed you posted on Tuesday 8/10 there weren't any stall lights on. Last night I was heading eastbound on I-90 thru Charlton. Was able to briefly look to my left and saw all 8 westbound stalls lit up. Despite the notice of a Temporary Closure, wondering if a passing volunteer might try plugging in again?

Seems odd. I just looked back and noticed you posted on Tuesday 8/10 there weren't any stall lights on. Last night I was heading eastbound on I-90 thru Charlton. Was able to briefly look to my left and saw all 8 westbound stalls lit up. Despite the notice of a Temporary Closure, wondering if a passing volunteer might try plugging in again?
I should be able to test it Thursday night or Friday AM.

Reactions: Cryptoengineer
In my pic above from Saturday August 21st, you'll notice that the on-screen display said 1 stall out of order. A Tesla owner there kindly guided me to another stall as I was backing in, since he had learned the hard way which stall didn't work.

I'm glad to see that this site is 7/8ths operational for these busy last weeks of summer!

Last edited:
In my pic above from Saturday August 21st, you'll notice that the on-screen display said 1 stall out of order. A Tesla owner there kindly guided me to another stall as I was backing in, since he had learned the hard way which stall didn't work.

I'm glad to see that this site is 7/8ths operational for these busy last weeks of summer!
Just in time for my drive home tomorrow! Saweeet!

Just in time for my drive home tomorrow! Saweeet!
Hmm, even though it was working, it did not show up on the navigation. One stall was not working, and one was ICEd by the farmer's market guy. Dude, park one stall over! There was never a line while I was there, but all 6 usable stalls were in use for a little while.

Someone needs to go there with a hammer and start smashing tomatoes one by one, looking the farmer guy in the eye after each one, until he moves his ICEV.

Hmm, even though it was working, it did not show up on the navigation. One stall was not working, and one was ICEd by the farmer's market guy. Dude, park one stall over! There was never a line while I was there, but all 6 usable stalls were in use for a little while.

Someone needs to go there with a hammer and start smashing tomatoes one by one, looking the farmer guy in the eye after each one, until he moves his ICEV.
Might be better to call the non emergency number and let them know that they need to write a ticket:

For other states: Legislation Reference - Reserved Parking for Plug-In Vehicle Charging | PlugInSites

Reactions: Johnny Vector
Might be better to call the non emergency number and let them know that they need to write a ticket:

For other states: Legislation Reference - Reserved Parking for Plug-In Vehicle Charging | PlugInSites

I AM NOT A LAWYER.

That law is new to me. It's poorly written - it claims PHEVs are "zero emission vehicles" and doesn't require cars to be charging.

But aside from that, it says "A city or town acting pursuant to this section with respect to ways within its control... may require..."

To me this means it doesn't apply to chargers on private land, and also while a town MAY institute parking restrictions, its doesn't
HAVE TO. The word 'shall' would have replaced 'may' if that were the case.

Second, who has 'control'? The town of Charlton? The Mass Turnpike Authority? The concessionaire running the rest area? I dunno.
You might do better calling the State Troopers than the local yokels in this case.

I've noticed that a number of charging points are caught in a legal limbo. There's several L2 charge points at the Wachusett
commuter rail station, which have power, but have not been activated in over a year. When I enquired, it seemed there was a
mess of conflicting claims and assertions of ownership and responsibility.