Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chestnut Hill, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quite possible since it was cold out. But I had just driven for an hour on the highway. . .
Yesterday I drove from my home to a ski resort, about an hour away, and mostly uphill. Outside temps were in the single digits, and I started the trip with a completely cold soaked battery.

It took about 45 minutes to get the battery to stop showing the regen-limited yellow dashed line. The majority of this trip was spent at 70-75 miles an hour on the highway. Once I left the highway and started actually climbing up into the mountains at a lower speed is when I finally got the battery up to temp. Even when you are traveling for a long period of time at a good clip, the cold air whipping around outside dramatically cools the battery, making it harder to warm it up. Slower speeds, less cold air running under the battery, and it warms up quicker.

at least it is on the map in the car. that way you can (supposedly) get the car to preheat the battery if you set the destination to the supercharger. Got up to 108kW with my battery at about 25% on 2a at 5:45pm yesterday. 3a worked for someone else. 5 tesla's charging and one bmw blocking.

I’m here charging on 1A or 1B, started at 35% soc, cold battery, charging up to 90%. Looks like the charging will stay between 37 and 50kW the whole time. I’m not complaining at all—it’s still in ramp-up mode (shows in car nav, but not how many stalls are free, etc). The Tender Greens is delicious; lots of other food options here too—Chilicates is one.

Since Chestnut Hill has been working for a couple of weeks, why does Tesla Findus still report it as coming in 2020? A Tesla intern could manage this task with good accuracy. Isn't accuracy important to Tesla?
There is no rhyme or reason as to when Tesla update's they're website supercharger status. Sometimes it's relatively soon after a site is commissioned, and sometimes it's weeks. One theory is they leave it unlisted for a period of time as they monitor use and troubleshoot any issues that may come up. But nobody really knows. It does show up eventually. Since the most important piece of information is the in-car navigation and it's use in routing, that's what almost always shows up first (again, typically a few days or even a few weeks after commissioning).

Reactions: JPoldo
Interestingly enough - have charged here several times since, I think it was 21January - haven’t seen any costs for the charges show up in my account.

I haven’t gotten very fast rate of charge here, but it’s so close to our home that I expect that. Took first long-ish drive last weekend and got 40kW in 35m so feeling better about our prospects going forward.

(This is my first post, new Model 3 owner as of 6 weeks ago).

Reactions: electronzz
Chestnut Hill reported temporarily closed as of this morning.

As of this morning, it shows as open in the app and now also have stall usage data.

1581774396764.JPEG

Moderator note: 15 posts for a new Supercharger site under construction on Boylston St. have been moved here:

Bruce.

• Love
Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer