Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Colonial Heights, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Permits have been issued for the Colonial Heights/South Chesterfield Supercharger!! 8 stalls will be built at the Wawa at 15840 Jefferson Davis Hwy and work will be done by LES.

Last I checked, no tickets have been filed on VA811 and no inspections have been reported.

South Chesterfield.jpg

Weird spot. Not Colonial Heights and very close to the other SC on Jeff Davis already,

@MarcoRP Can you please update the title of this thread to South Chesterfield instead of Colonial Heights? For those of us that know the area I think we should distinguish properly 👍

Last edited:
It looks like Tesla is now targeting locations based on actual car location and state of charge data as well as time added to trips for cars in transit. I don't think amenities top the list anymore. They may even be tracking locations of phones with the Tesla app to figure out where people spend their time. This charger is more convenient to I-95 than the Chester one and serves everyone that works in the Ruffin Mill industrial park. Food options are scarce around there, so Wawa is actually a popular lunch destination for several Tesla owners (myself included).

I'm just wondering where they are going to put the air compressor; I really hope they don't just go without after removing it to put in super chargers. I'd probably use the compressor more than a super charger to be honest.

Any update on progress? I haven't seen the transformer show up, but I haven't been in a few days.

They pulled the supply lines from the utility (at the existing 150kVA transformer) through the conduit for the supercharger transformer. Given the risk of theft, I feel like that means the transformer is coming very soon.

They are wrist thick wires, so even aluminum would be a target of scrappers.
I clearly overestimated the significance of this development and apparently the risk of scrappers in South Chesterfield too. Almost two weeks later and there is no development.

This feels like a stupid thing were they were waiting on inspection and the inspector failed them for having not pulled the supply lines and now they have to wait for a new inspection, but that is pure speculation.