Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Concord, CA (LIVE 2 Mar 2018, 19 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 6B58D27C-AAB1-4F14-AFB0-E0FCA274E02D.jpeg
    6B58D27C-AAB1-4F14-AFB0-E0FCA274E02D.jpeg
    675.6 KB · Views: 92
Just stopped by at 0645 this morning. 20 stalls all lit up--2 ICEd with construction workers/security.
IMG_2084.jpg
IMG_2084.jpg
IMG_2084.jpg
IMG_2085.jpg

Still a bunch of construction stuff around. There are traffic cones partially blocking the way back to the chargers. There are some signs set up by the mall operator that help direct you to the chargers--one says Dead End but ignore it. The nav/map is good--you can exit 680 on wither Willow Pass or Concord, but only 1 main entrance to the mall, so you might need to loop back around.
Until the construction clears, the far 2 stalls will be hard to back into.
FWIW when I plugged in to test (with 165 miles on my pack), I got only about 35kW--not great, and no-one sharing with me.
Still nice to have this on line.

Attachments

• IMG_2086.jpg
    IMG_2086.jpg
    547.3 KB · Views: 64
The area is now officially accessible, some construction equipment is still there but there also is signage for tesla drivers to get past it and get to the chargers, no more roadblocks.

When I arrived two teslas were charging, drivers nowhere to be seen. I for some reason only got 75kW out of the two stalls I tried instead of the 110kW I was hoping for. I think they are all lit up and usable, but tried only two randomly.

Spent the rest of the time talking to the security guy and telling him about tesla. When I drove away, 3 more teslas were arriving, so looks like more people are checking it out after work.

Definitely feels empowering to know you have the supercharger so close in case I am too low to go on a trip just by charging at home. Rare, but another limit removed.
IMG_4921.JPG
IMG_4922.JPG

Thanks for your report, glad to see Teslas charging there. Looks like two ICE cars parked there. Sigh. I also see a white Model 3. Regarding your charge rate: you will only get rates over 100kW if your battery is relatively low. You don’t mention what your battery was at when you tried to charge. If you feel like the charger is not working correctly you should contact Tesla and tell them the stall numbers you tried.
The area is now officially accessible... I for some reason only got 75kW out of the two stalls I tried instead of the 110kW I was hoping for.View attachment 284029

Came over here to add to my Supercharger visited list. It’s weird to be at a Bay Area Supercharger that isn’t totally packed (don’t expect that to last). It’s rather unusual in that there really are only 19 stalls...there’s no 1A but they otherwise are numbered normally up to 10B. As noted earlier the signage to get to the chargers is a nice touch on the part of the mall.

Bruce.

Came over here to add to my Supercharger visited list. It’s weird to be at a Bay Area Supercharger that isn’t totally packed (don’t expect that to last). It’s rather unusual in that there really are only 19 stalls...there’s no 1A but they otherwise are numbered normally up to 10B. As noted earlier the signage to get to the chargers is a nice touch on the part of the mall.

Bruce.
Haha, it doesn’t even last a few hours. We came here to check it out as well and now there’s only 2 open stalls. Lines might start soon.. ;)

Maybe the construction people accidentally broke 1A?

• Funny
Reactions: EVCarGUy
Thanks for your report, glad to see Teslas charging there. Looks like two ICE cars parked there. Sigh. I also see a white Model 3. Regarding your charge rate: you will only get rates over 100kW if your battery is relatively low. You don’t mention what your battery was at when you tried to charge. If you feel like the charger is not working correctly you should contact Tesla and tell them the stall numbers you tried.
Based on the pic he posted, it looks like the battery was <50% full.

Reactions: Skryll