Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Copper Mountain, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think I've seen this reported elsewhere but this looks to be a new supercharger location. Copper Mountain is doing some major capital improvements and this report claims that a supercharger will be at the Conoco Station just outside the resort. (50 Frontage Rd, Frisco, CO 80443) Would be a great location between Eagle and Silverthorne especially giving new options for folks that drive Denver to Vail (or Denver to Copper) during ski season.

Random facts for fun: when this one opens, assuming it does at the location specified, it will be the highest elevation supercharger in North America at 9698 ft. (title currently held by Mountain Village supercharger near Telluride, 9524 ft. ) and the highest in the world outside China, according to the data available at supercharge.info. The 2 stall location at the Roof of the World hotel in Baiba, Tibet is the world's highest supercharger location at 14232 ft. and is only 48 miles (horizontally) from the top of Mt. Everest.

Random facts for fun: when this one opens, assuming it does at the location specified, it will be the highest elevation supercharger in North America at 9698 ft. (title currently held by Mountain Village supercharger near Telluride, 9524 ft. ) and the highest in the world outside China, according to the data available at supercharge.info. The 2 stall location at the Roof of the World hotel in Baiba, Tibet is the world's highest supercharger location at 14232 ft. and is only 48 miles (horizontally) from the top of Mt. Everest.

The more you know. I mean Copper is between Vail and Loveland and they both set around 10k + ft. With all of these announcements of other manufacturers going to the network, I think they better start thinking of doubling the initial stalls they had in mind.

Looks like Google's Street View team captured this location last month and is showing that it is under construction.

Direct Link.

copper.png

Tesla's Find Us map has been recently updated and now includes planned Supercharger for Frisco, CO targeted to open in 2024. I assume this is the Copper Supercharger in this thread, but I mention just in case it's not and Tesla actually plans to put one in the actual town of Frisco, as well.

In my opinion, a Supercharger in the town of Frisco makes a ton of sense for those going to/from Breckenridge. I realize Silverthorne is close, but if someone needs a charge while in Breck, it is annoying to drive the roughly 30 minutes from Breck to Silverthorne and then another 30 min back. Again, I assume the new item on Tesla's map is the Copper location, but I do not know that as a fact. Perhaps someone with ties to the Frisco or Summit County governments can check?