Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Coquitlam, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's one in Surrey. Just curious, but why do you ask about Coquitlam? Superchargers are for charging on long trips while you wait, less so for daily charging. Daily charging should be done at a Level 2 either in your driveway if you have one, or elsewhere near home or work.

Reactions: JSergeant
There aren't any announced by Tesla - here is the map for the Vancouver area and there are five to be built in the Vancouver area (I cut the map too tightly so you can't see the one in White Rock) but none in Coquitlam.
van SCs.png

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
There's one in Surrey. Just curious, but why do you ask about Coquitlam? Superchargers are for charging on long trips while you wait, less so for daily charging. Daily charging should be done at a Level 2 either in your driveway if you have one, or elsewhere near home or work.
Absolutely, the best place for a Supercharger is 100 miles away on all major routes.

I’ve got one 6 miles from the house, I never expect to use it

I can see the need for lots of Superchargers in the greater Vancouver area. Many of us in the interior drive to the lower mainland for business pleasure. Also on the island (further up though) for tourism. They also need to get 97 to Prince George covered off as well, and probably couple or three in the Kootenays. Or they could come out with a CCS/Chademo adapter. Either way would work.

What Coquitlam needs is more Level 2 chargers. If someone is visiting from out of town, they should look for destination (or other Level 2) charging. If they absolutely need something faster, the nearest Supercharger is probably < 20 minutes away. E.g. From Coquitlam you can head to Surrey, or eventually Burnaby. Even downtown Vancouver isn't that far for someone that's visiting.

Likewise, if heading to Vancouver Island, it's easy enough to get there with the current Superchargers, and many resorts in places like Tofino have destination/Level 2 charging which should be plenty to allow you to drive around and then get you back. I figured I wouldn't need any Supercharging if I started in Coquitlam with a full charge and spent a week in Tofino with an overnight charge at a resort a day or two before I left. (Granted that's with a Model 3 AWD.)

What Coquitlam needs is more Level 2 chargers. If someone is visiting from out of town, they should look for destination (or other Level 2) charging. If they absolutely need something faster, the nearest Supercharger is probably < 20 minutes away. E.g. From Coquitlam you can head to Surrey, or eventually Burnaby. Even downtown Vancouver isn't that far for someone that's visiting.

Likewise, if heading to Vancouver Island, it's easy enough to get there with the current Superchargers, and many resorts in places like Tofino have destination/Level 2 charging which should be plenty to allow you to drive around and then get you back. I figured I wouldn't need any Supercharging if I started in Coquitlam with a full charge and spent a week in Tofino with an overnight charge at a resort a day or two before I left. (Granted that's with a Model 3 AWD.)

It’s a good point and a realistic approach. We still prefer an adapter though.

Yeah, I'd love a CCS adapter, since it could charge faster than CHAdeMO. Either one would be nice to have though (but I'm not sure I'd spend $600+ for the CHAdeMO), especially while the BC Hydro fast chargers are still free to use.

So our current set up, we can't charge at BC Hydro? I heard from Nissan dealership that the superstore chargers are 440V? So, supposed to be fast? What adapter do we need to use Superstore chargers?

Will be nice to see one/any on the north shore. Will help a lot of tourism feel more comfortable travelling to whistler and such.

I’m glad to see a few level 2 in tofino, was thinking of taking a trip there soon.

I’ve headed to Colwood a few times to visit my father, he has so much range anxiety when I visit “do you need a charge? Are you going to make it”.

So far I haven’t needed a charge anywhere between N Van and colwood and back including a few trips around Victoria. The model 3 has way more then enough range.

I think there is some confusion in this thread.

Does SC =Service Centre

or

does SC=SuperCharger
As this thread is in the Canada Supercharger Locations forum, “SC” should be used only to refer to a Supercharger.

More Supercharges in the greater Vancouver area would be very helpful, even if they are just the lower power “Urban” units.