Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mildura, Vic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just creating this thread to record some speculation...

A regular participant on the Ludicrous Feed livestream mentioned that a family member in Mildura spotted some Tesla badged vehicles scoping out a car park for a supercharger location.

The location mentioned is here: 34°12'24.7"S 142°08'14.2"E · 15th street, Deakin Ave, Mildura VIC 3500, Australia - Mildura Central carpark, shopping centre (unsurprisingly by the name) in the middle of town!

Nothing solid yet but handy info, in case anyone is passing through and wants to check it out. Of course they could have scoped many areas. Not enough to be "supercharge.info official" IMO.

Mildura is on Tesla's supercharger voting list (currently 6th for Asia Pacific). This could be (once again) Tesla including locations for voting when they are already in progress (either planning or building) encouraging the wasting of votes. Wish they wouldn't do that!

Interesting. Mildura Central was the site I speculated for a Supercharger site here,
It has the same property managers, Our Portfolio - Retpro, as Horsham and Figtree Superchargers.
(Albury was due to also be at a site managed by the group but the location altered between Round 1 annoucement and final install).

I have my fingers crossed pretty hard for this. Will be a game changer for me. I drive Bendigo to Mildura once or twice a week in my MYLR or M3LR. Can get up in 1 go in good conditions from a 100% charge with about 2-5% remaining, but there are only 50kw chargers in Mildura so it is a 1 - 1.5 hour charge up to any sort of level that will give me a once minor charge stop back at Wedderburn or Inglewood. All the chargers in between Mildura and Bendigo are single stall and are pretty well used, so good chance of having to wait on that route now.

Reactions: gazpachopolice
I have my fingers crossed pretty hard for this. Will be a game changer for me. I drive Bendigo to Mildura once or twice a week in my MYLR or M3LR. Can get up in 1 go in good conditions from a 100% charge with about 2-5% remaining, but there are only 50kw chargers in Mildura so it is a 1 - 1.5 hour charge up to any sort of level that will give me a once minor charge stop back at Wedderburn or Inglewood. All the chargers in between Mildura and Bendigo are single stall and are pretty well used, so good chance of having to wait on that route now.
Hey!!
I was wondering if there was anyone else from Bendigo here.
Bendigo to Mildura a couple of times a week? I do it once a year and that's bad enough!

Hey!!
I was wondering if there was anyone else from Bendigo here.
Bendigo to Mildura a couple of times a week? I do it once a year and that's bad enough!

Yep. Work up there a fair bit. Can sometimes go a couple of weeks without heading up, then can go a month or two where it is at least once a week. I don't mind the drive too much. Very easy, not too busy, easy to overtake and can chill out and relax. Will be much nicer once I can get a heaps quicker charge in at Mildura. The charge time is the worst part for me for sure.

Would be good if they doubled up the CTR chargers along the way now. I would say most times I do the drive in the daylight hours there is at least 2 of the chargers in use if not more whilst I head past. And most EVs won't make the trip up in 1 charge so you have to stop at one point along the way.

Sea Lake would be a good spot for 4x or 6x faster chargers. There is a few good food options during the day, 24hr public toilets, the pub is great and is open fairly late 7 days a week, and is pretty much halfway between Bendigo and Mildura at about 2 hours or so each way.

Reactions: Goneincognito
Just creating this thread to record some speculation...

A regular participant on the Ludicrous Feed livestream mentioned that a family member in Mildura spotted some Tesla badged vehicles scoping out a car park for a supercharger location.

The location mentioned is here: 34°12'24.7"S 142°08'14.2"E · 15th street, Deakin Ave, Mildura VIC 3500, Australia - Mildura Central carpark, shopping centre (unsurprisingly by the name) in the middle of town!

Nothing solid yet but handy info, in case anyone is passing through and wants to check it out. Of course they could have scoped many areas. Not enough to be "supercharge.info official" IMO.

Mildura is on Tesla's supercharger voting list (currently 6th for Asia Pacific). This could be (once again) Tesla including locations for voting when they are already in progress (either planning or building) encouraging the wasting of votes. Wish they wouldn't do that!

I honestly think the voting is just a bit of fun anyway! Hopefully if this one goes ahead, It will start to push the full Adelaide-Sydney corridor.

Yep. Work up there a fair bit. Can sometimes go a couple of weeks without heading up, then can go a month or two where it is at least once a week. I don't mind the drive too much. Very easy, not too busy, easy to overtake and can chill out and relax. Will be much nicer once I can get a heaps quicker charge in at Mildura. The charge time is the worst part for me for sure.

Would be good if they doubled up the CTR chargers along the way now. I would say most times I do the drive in the daylight hours there is at least 2 of the chargers in use if not more whilst I head past. And most EVs won't make the trip up in 1 charge so you have to stop at one point along the way.

Sea Lake would be a good spot for 4x or 6x faster chargers. There is a few good food options during the day, 24hr public toilets, the pub is great and is open fairly late 7 days a week, and is pretty much halfway between Bendigo and Mildura at about 2 hours or so each way.
Ah..
Sea Lake would be a good place for some fast chargers indeed.
Mildura is one of the drives I want to do when our RWD MY is finally delivered (It was on the Glovis Caravel so that has been an ordeal. I have been assigned a new VIN so it's almost over) just to get a feel for long distance driving.
Lets hope that Tesla weren't scouting just for the hell of it and they do put some superchargers in at Mildura.
The Melbourne side of Bendigo (Kangaroo Flat) would be good too.
Strath Village will be a pain if I ever need to use them.

I honestly think the voting is just a bit of fun anyway! Hopefully if this one goes ahead, It will start to push the full Adelaide-Sydney corridor.
Tesla doesn't traditionally like to install "isolated" superchargers, so if they build Mildura, that's kinda hinting that they will build out that route, plus Ouyen/Wycheproof. (We know Hay is coming from NSW grants)

Reactions: Jules22
And Wagga is already built.
Need more though.
Hay - Mildura is 300 km.
Hay - Wagga is 275 km.

Really only leaves Balranald and Narrandera as likely infill on the NSW Sturt, with Balranald the key.
Narrandera would be helpful medium term as it is the junction of the Sturt and Newell (so provides a two-fer) even though it is only 100kms from Wagga.

Need more though.
Hay - Mildura is 300 km.
Hay - Wagga is 275 km.

Really only leaves Balranald and Narrandera as likely infill on the NSW Sturt, with Balranald the key.
Narrandera would be helpful medium term as it is the junction of the Sturt and Newell (so provides a two-fer) even though it is only 100kms from Wagga.

Tesla might as well build out 6 stall sites and rake in fees from third party EV's. Add Renmark.

Reactions: B3AU
Which onegives more battery % at the end if both charge to 100% at the start

The M3LR is much more efficient on the trip, especially once you get into the 110kmh part past Wedderburn. With the M3 I know I can make it from home to Mildura CBD in one go. Don't really think about it just drive up. With the MY, I have to monitor the consumption graph coming up to Ouyen as that is the last charger and it's an hour out of Mildura so have to make a call there what to do. I've made it without charging the Y a couple of times, but it has to be perfect no wind and warm conditions. Only time the M3 hasn't made it is when it's raining the whole way.

Mildura snuck into 5th in the voting for Fall 2023.

Now got a star on the Coming Soon map with Target 2024

Well done on the campaign everyone! I actually made phone calls to a few people who would bother with this stuff!

EDIT: Now need to tell people to STOP voting for Mildura in the current round, crazy it is an option. When may they add new locations?

Last edited: