Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mildura, Vic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So pumped for this. As mentioned earlier I head up to Mildura weekly. So sick of relying on 50kw chargers for long distances. Makes an already long drive longer and a large charge up for the return leg very time consuming.

From Bendigo to Mildura I was able to make it comfortably in normal weather conditions with about 5% remaining in one go from 100% in my previous 3LR. It's a bit more touch and go with the Y LR and I've been stopping at the Ouyen charger for a 5% top up and quick toilet break. Haven't given it the full send yet. Same on the way back. Been hitting Inglewood for a 5% bump.

Those single CCS chargers are getting very busy now, even at odd times like late at night/midnight. Gone are the days I could pretty much be sure I could roll into them and not wait.

Sure hope sea lake is on the plans as it's halfway between Bendigo and Mildura. Another charger in Bendigo would be good actually on the Calder as it's a massive detour off the highway for anyone travelling up and through from Melbourne.
Agreed, its a bit of a detour into a crowded carpark in Bendigo. Wasnt too bad, nice town too, went and had lunch in the park with the other 11billionty people with the same idea

Edit: the busy one was Horsham with only 3 stalls
:)

Definitely agree. The old v2's in Bendigo are often busy as well, so another site closer to the Calder makes a lot of sense. Ballarat got the Lucas site, so I guess there is hope of something similar happening in Bendigo.

Or even maybe a new site in Kyneton would allow skipping Bendigo all together to get to a theoretical Sea Lake/Wycheproof site. All depends on where you are coming from I guess.

Kyneton is a good spot, its a tourist destination in itself. Marong, in my eyes to me makes the most sense for Calder Alternative Highway travelers beyond Bendigo. Then take your pick of the towns to Mildura.... Wedderburn, Charlton, Wycheproof, Sea Lake and Oyen. At least two of them for starters.

But lets nmot get ahead of ourselves, the Western/Dukes route is still underdone!

Exactly why until there are chargers in every town, EV's will not be universally accepted but the masses.

Kyneton is a good spot, its a tourist destination in itself. Marong, in my eyes to me makes the most sense for Calder Alternative Highway travelers beyond Bendigo. Then take your pick of the towns to Mildura.... Wedderburn, Charlton, Wycheproof, Sea Lake and Oyen. At least two of them for starters.

But lets nmot get ahead of ourselves, the Western/Dukes route is still underdone!

Exactly why until there are chargers in every town, EV's will not be universally accepted but the masses.
Ouyen would also service the Adelaide traffic heading to swan hill and then over thru the central roads to the ski fields and Albury/Wodonga region.

Why would I buy an EV that forces me to divert all the way into Bendigo when there is a big Shell fuel station right on the highway
Nothing forcing a Tesla driver to use the Supercharger network. They have a standard CCS2 plug, you can use any network.. indeed I've driven Sydney to Melbourne before without using a supercharger.

The benefit of the Tesla network is no fiddling with apps or logins (not that hard), more stalls (less chance of waiting) and generally high maintenance and up time.

Nothing forcing a Tesla driver to use the Supercharger network. They have a standard CCS2 plug, you can use any network.. indeed I've driven Sydney to Melbourne before without using a supercharger.

The benefit of the Tesla network is no fiddling with apps or logins (not that hard), more stalls (less chance of waiting) and generally high maintenance and up time.
TBH, I can not see the benefits of using 3rd party fast chargers now as almost all of them have increased the price and ChargeFox also decreases the membership discount.

1000001557.png

1000001556.png

Successful charge being reported on plug share.