Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dickson TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was in the Nashville Post last week that this is a temporary parking lot and will be developed with another hotel/residential/office structure in the future.

Thanks I had missed that news snippet. They are going to a lot of trouble for a temporary parking lot, been at it for months, run conduit for lights etc. I agree it's a very expensive use of this land to devote to parking only, I was puzzled why they'd build a parking lot there in the first place.

Wouldn't that be exactly right? It's hard to be close to I-40/I-65 and not be downtown given that the 40/65 stretch runs through downtown (assuming you include the Gulch as a subdistrict of Downtown Nashville).

Well, I guess it all depends on what is considered to be "down town". :D Actually, there are two SCs coming in the next few months. One (probably what the showroom guy was referring to) is what I would call downtown, but the first one is not in as high traffic area near the interstate, unlike an area such as Capital hill or the library area. Nashville has grown so much outward over the years that for all practical purposes, I can agree that EVERYWHERE is downtown :p

WIth that clue I'm going to stick my neck out and say North Gulch is where the 16 bay SC will go in Nashville then. It's on I-65 and close to I-40.

In the picture here you can see what looks like a one lane olympic swimming pool, which I'm going to guess is the site for a canopy judging by the steel onsite. The trench dug had a large conduit along its length before they filled it in, at least 9" conduit I believe, maybe 12". Well that's my theory. Time will tell :)

View attachment 244222
Time is here. That's not it. But I really like the analysis.

Drove by monday. Looks like it's going at a good pace. They appear to have to local utility/meter box already in place (as opposed to Cookeville). I dare say this opens before Cookeville??

Attachments

• IMG_0380.JPG
    IMG_0380.JPG
    682.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0381.JPG
    IMG_0381.JPG
    602.7 KB · Views: 122
Reactions: Tam
Drove by monday. Looks like it's going at a good pace. They appear to have to local utility/meter box already in place (as opposed to Cookeville). I dare say this opens before Cookeville??

Well you saved me some trouble. I was going to have someone go by there and take some updated pics. Actually this site is scheduled to open after Cookeville, but the building department cooperates faster now. It was a slow go at first as I guess they weren't familiar with what this "thing" was going to be. A first for Dickson. Things much smoother now.

Oh yea, and looking at the second pic, its a bit ironic and funny to me that we have to use a little gasoline power generator to run equipment that builds a site which eventually will deliver far more than 1/2 megawatt/hr of power. :D

Last edited:
Dropped by to check on the progress this morning after work. The gentleman from Phoenix contractors were hard at work throwing wire around. The foreman on site today said the plan is to throw the switch on by the end of next week. He sounded Excited to have this coming along and nearing completion hopefully by the 15th or 16th.

Attachments

• IMG_0423.JPG
    IMG_0423.JPG
    630.8 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0424.JPG
    IMG_0424.JPG
    762.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0425.JPG
    IMG_0425.JPG
    1,002.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0426.JPG
    IMG_0426.JPG
    468.6 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: FlyF4
Details no longer shows Opening Soon. Details look like any other functional charger. I was hoping the Cookeville charger would be functional soon, but I think I can make it between here and Knoxville, will just be a long stop either way until Cookeville is active. Either way, I will save the distance dropping from I-40 to the Brentwood charger.

Details no longer shows Opening Soon. Details look like any other functional charger. I was hoping the Cookeville charger would be functional soon, but I think I can make it between here and Knoxville, will just be a long stop either way until Cookeville is active. Either way, I will save the distance dropping from I-40 to the Brentwood charger.
No worries, Cookville opening real soon.

I'm charging here at normal speeds now. Not sure why it isn't in the Nav. I took a gamble and stopped here with 15 rated miles left, thanks to the guys posting in this thread. Would have sucked if it were down for some reason lol.

Reactions: FlyF4
I stopped here on Feb 3, the Superchargers were barely functioning. I called Tesla to report, they stated the location has had multiple incoming power issues since opening and there was nothing they could do for it. I spoke to the Hotel they were going to report it. I only had 30 miles of range on the car, so not enough to get to any other fast charger. Initially I was only getting around 2-6 KW. After sitting for 20-30 minutes it had increased to a max of 24 KW, and I had gained 29 miles. It was bouncing on how much power it was putting out though. It stopped charging for a bit, so I decided to drive over to the Nissan dealer to try their charger. It only indicated it would charge at 17 mph, so I decided to go back to the Supercharger. It didn't fluctuate quite as much, but it took close to another 45 mins to get the amount I needed to get home. I only needed around 95 miles of range.

I again stopped on Feb 7 to add 30 miles of range to make it to Cookeville. The charger appeared to be working normally and I was there for less than 10 mins.