Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dublin, CA - Amador Plaza (LIVE, 14 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know a a few people that have been run out of Manteca for being there more than 30 minutes even when they were not local.
I do not recall anyone reporting that in the Manteca Supercharger thread. I've been there a number of times and never seen it more than half full. I was quite surprised to read your post. That seems....incredible. I find it hard to believe.

But they have Supecharger cops elsewhere. I know a a few people that have been run out of Manteca for being there more than 30 minutes even when they were not local. One person had to leave, go to lunch, and come back to finish their charge so they could continue. I thought that was crazy and I would have been on the phone to Tesla while I was at the charger.
The couple of times I've been to Manteca at most I've seen half the chargers being used. One time a Tesla person was working on one of the Superchargers but I haven't seen any attendant there nor does it appear to warrant one. The location is dead as in there is absolutely nothing to do there.

• Funny
Reactions: CalBlue 85D
But they have Supecharger cops elsewhere. I know a a few people that have been run out of Manteca for being there more than 30 minutes even when they were not local. One person had to leave, go to lunch, and come back to finish their charge so they could continue. I thought that was crazy and I would have been on the phone to Tesla while I was at the charger.
How would anyone run you out?
If my car doesn't have enough range to reach my destination I'm not moving.
That sounds ridiculous!

I had reason to be at the Dublin Service Center yesterday (grrr...drivers door handle on my S won't present), and surprise surprise, there were actually free charging spots at the Superchargers! There were two open when I arrived...there were still vacancies when I was done (grrr again...no parts available), so I parked and picked up a few electrons just for kicks. The stall I used seemed to have normal output for my car's SOC. When I left there were four spots open. It was raining pretty good for at least part of yesterday, maybe the locals were staying at home?

Bruce.

What is your source to support your statement that "the idle fees are in effect"? Because as far as I know nothing new has been implemented as of this moment in regards to Supercharger use.

Stole this photo from model x owners group on facebook
IMG_0138.JPG

Thanks, yes I just came across several other threads about this Tesla announcement today and now I am up to speed. :)

I think this is a great move by Tesla. Let's please keep this thread focused on specific issues with the Dublin Supercharger location. There are multiple other threads to discuss the general implications of today's announcement about idle fees. Thank you.

Reactions: McManX
I'm at the Dublin supercharger right now and there's a 7 car wait. I just plugged in after 40 minutes of waiting. There are multiple vehicles that are parked here and haven't moved since I've arrived. Also, the charging rate is very slow. I am charging at 40kW and it's indicating I need to charge for 1.5 hours to reach Harris ranch on my drive to Los Angeles.

I wanted to reroute to the Fremont supercharger but it's indicating that there is a reduced rate there. Not sure what's happening.

• Informative
Reactions: mblakele
Typical day at Dublin. :(

The thing that upsets me most about Dublin is that it is a staffed Service Center with tons of staff. During the working hours, they could walk out to the superchargers and look around every hour. If they see abuse they could jot down VINs and send the abusers a little note. They could also put a nice letter on the windshield to alert the abusers and also shame them a bit (yellow paper encouraged).

I'm at the Dublin supercharger right now and there's a 7 car wait. I just plugged in after 40 minutes of waiting. There are multiple vehicles that are parked here and haven't moved since I've arrived.

Hopefully when they arrive back they will be greeted by a nice note on their CID that says something along the lines of: you have been taking up a Supercharger spot for x minutes after charging completed and $y has been added to your idle charge bill due at your next service center visit.

I'm at Dublin right now getting a door handle replaced and I was glad to see that they have installed a supercharger over by the service bays and there are two cars charging there instead of taking up public supercharger stalls. The service supercharger is marked as not being available for public use. They used to just have several HPWC's on the wall by the doors, so this is a big improvement for the cars that are here for service.

I'm at Dublin right now getting a door handle replaced and I was glad to see that they have installed a supercharger over by the service bays and there are two cars charging there instead of taking up public supercharger stalls. The service supercharger is marked as not being available for public use. They used to just have several HPWC's on the wall by the doors, so this is a big improvement for the cars that are here for service.
Now that this is public knowledge can't wait to hear of the first instance of someone with the cajones to plug in then walk away.

I'm at the Dublin supercharger right now and there's a 7 car wait. I just plugged in after 40 minutes of waiting. There are multiple vehicles that are parked here and haven't moved since I've arrived. Also, the charging rate is very slow. I am charging at 40kW and it's indicating I need to charge for 1.5 hours to reach Harris ranch on my drive to Los Angeles.

I wanted to reroute to the Fremont supercharger but it's indicating that there is a reduced rate there. Not sure what's happening.
Did you call Tesla Tech support on the issue? And how did you know there would be a reduced rate at Fremont?

I've had sporadic issues at fremont, pretty amazing considering the factory is there. There should be no shortage of electricity!