Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Durham NC (Southpoint Mall area)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just across the street from Southpoint Mall in the REI parking lot.

Interesting layout!

GPS35.903738, -78.937068
IMG_9573.jpeg

You or somebody would need to go look at the site for anybody to make a logical guess as to what the holdup is.
A local needs to find the pad that will hold the transformer (I think it's that concrete pad out on the island). As always, a site needs:
  1. The pedestals
  2. The Tesla power distribution cabinets (big and white)
  3. The transformer (supplied and installed by the electricity company)
  4. The meter (also provided by the electricity company)
  5. Meter has power
For this site, items 3 and 4 need to be confirmed or monitored for installation.

Reactions: ShawEV and SigNC
A local needs to find the pad that will hold the transformer (I think it's that concrete pad out on the island). As always, a site needs:
  1. The pedestals
  2. The Tesla power distribution cabinets (big and white)
  3. The transformer (supplied and installed by the electricity company)
  4. The meter (also provided by the electricity company)
  5. Meter has power
For this site, items 3 and 4 need to be confirmed or monitored for installation.
Transformer and meter is already in place

Reactions: ShawEV
I popped over a couple times in the past few weeks. Fences have been down for weeks, but site is still offline. From what I can see, there's a transformer in place (next to the closest building with other stores, unless someone spotted another one I missed), as well as stalls and charging cabinets. The charging cabinets are on the concrete pad in the photo shared above.

Some, but not all, of the stalls seem to be missing a top plate/cover, which is likely not doing the equipment any favors with the rain from last week :/ Also last time I drove by, several of the cables were laying on the ground, I think as an indicator of "not working" -- that can't be doing them any favors either.

Here's hoping it's online soon!

Reactions: ShawEV and ecofire
Tesla's Find Us page now has a new active "red" pin for Durham with 6901 Fayetteville Rd as the address, but it's still dropped in the center of the city, like an upcoming site, and not dropped at it's actual physical location across the street from Southpoint Mall. Can someone confirm whether or not it's now live? It hasn't made it onto the Tesla app yet.

DurhamFayettevilleRd.png
M

Reactions: ShawEV