Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - El Centro, CA (8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Construction of the supercharger at the mall in El Centro CA will begin later today or tomorrow!!!!! The Imperial water district will be supplying the transformer without delay once the pad is ready. The projects final reviews are complete. The plan is to have it completed by early December at the latest!

Awesome news! I can truly say I will be able to drive anywhere I need/want to go then by end of year!

We still need someone who is local to go photograph the site to visually confirm it is under construction. I know it is near the food court entrances etc. I believe that the site is on the west side of the mall, near Sears. Good hunting! I'd do it myself but I'm a little too far away and often off in the other direction:crying:!! Thanks in advance to anyone going thru the area that can post some photos!!

Tyl is correct about the trailers belonging to the tenants of the mall for storage, and my apologies for spreading misinformation about the construction progress. This is definitely confirmed by one of the construction crew members, since I was able to get a hold of him. However, he also confirmed that part of the storage was used to store some of the materials to construct the Supercharger. The best of all, progress appears to be closer to completion, and to give anyone an overview about it, here are some pictures that I took today at 3:40 pm :smile:

The Supercharger took a piece of the mall's parking lot.

View attachment 63478
View attachment 63479
View attachment 63480

Perspective view:

View attachment 63481

Opposite side:

View attachment 63482
View attachment 63483

If the attachment links don't work, these should :smile:

2014-11-12 16.41.09.jpg

2014-11-12 16.39.30.jpg

2014-11-12 16.40.23.jpg

Perspective view:

2014-11-12 16.41.36.jpg

Opposite side:

2014-11-12 16.42.59.jpg

2014-11-12 16.43.13.jpg

Great shots and good work, This is actually on the other side as the food court entrance, no big deal, for some reason I was sure it would have been the other side as that one is more empty than this side. I don't care, I can't wait to drive down there and use this.

The pictures are are great!

Anyone hazard a guess on if el Centro will be powered up by Christmas?

I'm driving out to Phoenix, and San Diego to Yuma is just at the limit of a range charge at a decent speed (not to mention the frequent strong winds).

Do you have a MS60 or MS85. I have done Yuma to Carlsbad without issue on a full range charge in my MS85. Make it with about 30 miles to spare driving 5 mph over the limit.

I have an S85. The problem is the wind through the mountains is unpredictable.

I did it once when the car was newer and my range charge was 267. Now it's closer to 258. So I'd be pulling into Yuma with less than 20 miles range. I really try to avoid dipping that low in the range as it's not good for the batteries.

I did it once when the car was newer and my range charge was 267. Now it's closer to 258. So I'd be pulling into Yuma with less than 20 miles range. I really try to avoid dipping that low in the range as it's not good for the batteries.

It's fine for the batteries.

I've had mine below 5 miles of range more than 25 times. When I balanced my battery, I had lost less than 2 miles of range after 35K miles.

I've driven (and flown) this route a lot, and the winds are almost always westerlies, and rarely over 30mph. I usually charge to 90% in Yuma, to arrive in Chula Vista with 25-30 miles left. When it's really blowing, I range charge but otherwise don't bother. I set cruise for 70mph. Coming Eastward is easy since you have tailwinds. If you're more in La Jolla maybe it would be tighter.

Having El Centro will be great though to cut charging time in Yuma, and for the 60's. Also if you plan to go up/down via Quartszite, you can skip Yuma in that case.

Photo IV mall el Centro

We still need someone who is local to go photograph the site to visually confirm it is under construction. I know it is near the food court entrances etc. I believe that the site is on the west side of the mall, near Sears. Good hunting! I'd do it myself but I'm a little too far away and often off in the other direction:crying:!! Thanks in advance to anyone going thru the area that can post some photos!!

I took took a few picture tonight. Sunday
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg