Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ellsworth, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, it’s brand new…it will have more traffic from April, when more tourist arrive.
The last couple of years he's managed by using other supercharges but this will make it far easier since he stays in Ellsworth for business in Bar Harbor. He uses superchargers a fair amount while I'm on year 5 of owning Telsa's and have never supercharged:)

*NEVER* supercharged in 5 years!?!?!?!
Nope I just don't drive more then 200 miles away from home (round trip) and with the Pandemic and working from home my annual mileage dropped to about 7k. Was planning a ski trip this winter which would have required supercharging but the trip never happened. Someday. More then once I've thought I should just do it for the experience.

Is the Tesla supercharger up and running in Ellsworth, ME? I don't see it on Google maps....
When in doubt, look for that information while in your car. That is the best way to get the most accurate status of a site and how many stalls may currently be available (or if the site is, as sometime happens, temporarily closed). Well, the best way is to speak with someone who is actually there charging of course, but that's a little harder to do ;)

To be fair, there are times when a site has just been finished that you will see mention of it here on TMC (or in other social media) that a site is open before it even shows up in the car's navigation system. The lag between open and it showing up in-car is narrowing these days (usually, but not always).

Reactions: jlv1 and kayak1
We finally got to visit Ellsworth on the way to Bar Harbor. A great location for the start of the trip; the car ended getting to 95% while we did our grocery shopping for the week.

As none of these stalls are pull-ins, and the extra think sign posts are annoying! We just barely were able to plug in while backing in. Backing in to a SuC stall with this bike rack is usually tricky, but this was the worst we've ever encountered. We had to move over so that the handle on bike rack went to the side of the sign post. It meant we were parked on the line, but there was no one else there, so we weren't blocking anyone.
sLerPWg.jpg

When in doubt, look for that information while in your car. That is the best way to get the most accurate status of a site and how many stalls may currently be available (or if the site is, as sometime happens, temporarily closed). Well, the best way is to speak with someone who is actually there charging of course, but that's a little harder to do ;)

To be fair, there are times when a site has just been finished that you will see mention of it here on TMC (or in other social media) that a site is open before it even shows up in the car's navigation system. The lag between open and it showing up in-car is narrowing these days (usually, but not always).
I have found several times the in-car app omits some superchargers. There is one on MA-128 at the Service Center that usually does not show up. There is another on the CT Turnpike (I-95) at rest stop that usually doesn't show. The rest stop charger is very small, and there is a large SC at the next exit mall. There was another charger I stopped at in the South (Tennessee?) not in-app, which I only found by accident.

I find Supercharge.info very helpful.

Reactions: kayak1
I have found several times the in-car app omits some superchargers. There is one on MA-128 at the Service Center that usually does not show up. There is another on the CT Turnpike (I-95) at rest stop that usually doesn't show
In particular, both of those have been removed from the in-car nav. The Dedham SC one is usually full of cars leaving service (or being delivered). The old 4-stall I-95 ones have been replaced by new installations, and the old ones will eventually go away.

Reactions: kayak1
In particular, both of those have been removed from the in-car nav....
I'm surprised you say this. Dedham is in my in-car nav, I drove past it today and it reported 6 stalls open. Similarly, the Milford CT 2-stall superchargers off I-95 (NB and SB) both showed up in in-car nav last week when I was in the area.

The in-car map has been evolving when it shows superchargers (or else its just flaky). Not so long ago it seemed to never show superchargers once a route had been selected, unless they were part of the route. Currently (my release is 2022.12.3.20) it seems to show off-route superchargers only when they're nearby, AND I've got the map zoomed in to where I am/the next route direction. If I zoom out and show the whole route, the superchargers disappear. That makes this topic more confusing to talk about, maybe.

I'm surprised you say this. Dedham is in my in-car nav, I drove past it today and it reported 6 stalls open. Similarly, the Milford CT 2-stall superchargers off I-95 (NB and SB) both showed up in in-car nav last week when I was in the area.

The in-car map has been evolving when it shows superchargers (or else its just flaky). Not so long ago it seemed to never show superchargers once a route had been selected, unless they were part of the route. Currently (my release is 2022.12.3.20) it seems to show off-route superchargers only when they're nearby, AND I've got the map zoomed in to where I am/the next route direction. If I zoom out and show the whole route, the superchargers disappear. That makes this topic more confusing to talk about, maybe.
I have seen this behavior, which can be frustrating/confusing. When I am planning a route, it nice to know ALL the options. Even if Tesla is trying to direct folks away from the Dedham SC (for good reason), it is nice to know its there if needed. I have used it thrice in quasi-emergency situations, and there was no problem about accessibility. For Tesla, Supercharge.info seems to be the most complete (although it does not do real-time usage), followed by Plugshare. Worse than Tesla is Google.

For Level 2 charging, Plugshare is more complete than Tesla itself for Destination Chargers, plus it has J-1772 alternatives. Also, many (most?) 14-50 outlets are not on Plugshare, but can be found in RV campgrounds. I use RVTripwizard, but there are other apps I haven't tried.

OK, never mind. Somebody just updated PlugShare! Seems like same as Belfast, ME, installed but no power.
Opposite end of the mall from the Supercharger so Teslans probably wouldn't even have seen them if they were on.
We just walked that entire parking lot with our dog when we were up to Bar Harbor 2 weeks ago and there was no sign of construction on the other end. That was quick.