Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Escanaba, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My sister who lives in Esky said she saw digging and “black hoses” yesterday. 😜

Attachments

• 6C940A6B-8085-4D74-85F0-43B4DECE1FC5.jpeg
    6C940A6B-8085-4D74-85F0-43B4DECE1FC5.jpeg
    710.3 KB · Views: 94
Since the same guys are working both in Marquette and Escanaba, I'm posting this in both threads. I'm organizing a small token of appreciation just to show them our excitement for their work! I'll get something with a value according to the donations I receive and my own contribution.

If you would like to contribute, I'll DM you my wife's Venmo (rather than post it here so I don't violate any forum rules). My plan is to get this done this week before I lose track of the guys and report back when I give it to them.

Last edited:
Site prep has started in Escanaba!

I was chatting with the workers today at the Marquette site and they said they have been down in Esky the last few days getting started. They’re back in Marquette for now but will be back to Esky.

I’m driving through there at the end of May so I can grab some photos and see how things are going then.
Can it be real?

Can it be real?

Of course it could be. It’s part of the Big Dream of Tesla, EV revolution, self-driving Cars and Superchargers in Escanaba!

Altho I’m not driving to Escanaba until I see pictures, but I’ve fully enthralled by the Big Dream. Even in the Upper Peninsula!

It‘s a long 255 miles from the Supercharger in Mackinaw City, Michigan to the Supercharger in Green Bay (Howell) Wisconsin that a supercharger in Escanaba would split nearly in half.

Last edited:
I was able to give Todd and Josh our gift today. They were beyond surprised and appreciative! Thanks again for everybody's generosity!

Here’s what each of them received:
  • $10 gift card to Border Grill
  • $10 6-pack of various beers from UP breweries
  • $10 UP coasters
  • $5 Pint of Pure UP Maple Syrup
  • $5 of chocolates from Doncker’s
IMG_0432.jpeg

I also chatted with them about progress. The plan from Tesla is to have all 3 UP Superchargers commissioned by July 4. However, if they can get equipment soon, it seems hopeful that they'll be powered on sooner.

Their goal is to have Marquette finished this week (assuming equipment arrives as its supposed to) then hop down and continue in Escanaba. Sounds like since they have started Escanaba, they'll finish that before heading over to the Soo.

Of course it could be. It’s part of the Big Dream of Tesla, EV revolution, self-driving Cars and Superchargers in Escanaba!

Altho I’m not driving to Escanaba until I see pictures, but I’ve fully enthralled by the Big Dream. Even in the Upper Peninsula!

It‘s a long 255 miles from the Supercharger in Mackinaw City, Michigan to the Supercharger in Green Bay (Howell) Wisconsin that a supercharger in Escanaba would split nearly in half.
I've done the trip once and can't wait to do it again with a supercharger in Escanaba.

Their goal is to have Marquette finished this week (assuming equipment arrives as its supposed to) then hop down and continue in Escanaba.
Wow if that is the case I might go to SOS via Marquette. Might be the first supercharger that I make it to before @PLUS EV :D not counting on it.

All honesty, I have never had a problem making it to Howard once Mackinaw went in.

More happy that I never have to go through Chicago ever again to Montana.

• Funny
Reactions: Thp3 and scottf200
If Marquette opens before June 1st, I want my $10. Go look at that thread 😂
The catch is that construction, once it starts, usually goes fairly quickly, often just a few weeks. But then it is not uncommon for everything to sit there not powered up because the local power utility has to actually provide the power, inspect the site, and sign off on the installation before the SCs are usable. That part tends to be much more unpredictable. And the people doing the construction of the site are not the ones who power it up and test it; that part is done separately, by Tesla employees. I'd love to see Esky open by July 4 and am cautiously optimistic, but I won't be surprised if that date comes and it's not ready yet. I won't need it until Oct. and I'm pretty confident it will be up then. :)

@corywright this charger appears to now be under construction, equipment was dropped off on site.

If all three V3 cabinets remain at this location, there will be a maximum of 12 pedestals, but we've been seeing equipment move back and forth between Marquette and Escanaba via that Penske rental truck, so take that information with a grain of salt. Previously this was cleared for 10 stations, so maybe they rounded up to 12.

The rough coordinates of the equipment being dropped off are at this point in the Meijer parking lot:
Code:
45.750542, -87.085129

This is where equipment is dropped off, but I don't see any signs of broken ground yet.

Been waiting for this for past 3 yrs.