Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Etobicoke ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some Pix from Yesterday.
IMG_0048.jpg
IMG_0049.jpg

Even having that is great advertising for Tesla. If you have a non-Tesla EV we have you covered with 2 L2 chargers and 1 or 2 L3 chargers. You may or may not have to pay and some folks have trouble getting the chargers to work properly.

Or if you have a Tesla we have 20 Superchargers that are all WAY faster than the above.

Reactions: mrElbe
Even having that is great advertising for Tesla. If you have a non-Tesla EV we have you covered with 2 L2 chargers and 1 or 2 L3 chargers. You may or may not have to pay and some folks have trouble getting the chargers to work properly.

1. The chargers aren't ready yet
  2. FLO is a very reliable network IMHO. If you can't activate it, you can call them to get the charger activated, and sometimes get a free charge!
  3. Paid charging: $15/hour L3, $1,25/hour L2, $0 Tesla SuC

Reactions: SmartElectric

Or if you have a Tesla we have 20 Superchargers that are all WAY faster than the above.
Yes the juxtaposition is incredible.

Until that new consortium (Daimler, Ford, BMW, Audi, shell... Forget what they're calling it) gets its act together over here tesla will continue to be the only real game in town. And by town I mean the continent.

I have never used Flo, I am just going on comments in this thread from some very experienced Tesla owners. New Ontario Chargers

I've had some billing problems with Flo, but not with their actual equipment. The Region of Peel have installed Flo DCFC units at two locations in the Region and both are free. I have used them with no issues, but you do need a Flo RFID card or mobile app to activate them.

And I've been around in Quebec for a while where Circuit Électrique (flo) is the main charging network. Maybe you had problems with fixed pricing: like $2.50 per charge, invariable of the time.

KSI does seem to be more problematic but mknox is the one who posted about issues with Flo and he's been around here for a while so he knows what he is doing.

See my post above. To be fair, I did have some billing issues which Flo were eventually able to resolve, but I just find it a bit clunky when I compare to my experiences with ChargePoint. The Flo stations (hardware) seem to work okay for me.

I do not believe I have had experience with KSI, although I do have their app on my phone "just in case". My main issue with the KSI-owned stations is that they are a bit pricey.

I do not believe I have had experience with KSI, although I do have their app on my phone "just in case". My main issue with the KSI-owned stations is that they are a bit pricey.
Really!? Half of their machines don't work, most have a max output of 20-30 kw and the application is horrible.

To bring this back on topic, I swung by the Sherway Gardens site at lunch today. Crews were still on site, but it honestly doesn't look like much of anything has been done from when I was there last. The row of roughed-in duct work doesn't to my eye look long enough for 20 stalls, and I can't yet tell if perhaps it's 2 rows of 10 back to back.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP