Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Etobicoke ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slowly but surely getting there. Looks like only some minor work left to be done.
FAA6ACBD-3EF5-4E17-8A63-A3534B56B125.jpeg

If you know me, you will know that 99% of the photos without a 2015 blue Model S in it weren't taken by me. I find it adds a bit of fudge to the threads.

There are no lights or indicators that I noticed on the Urban SCs in Ottawa.

When I was there a few days ago, they still seemed to be missing the transformer on the other side of the laneway close to the parkade - where the remaining fence is.

The rest of the work looks done, I'm sure when that gets placed, it'll be quick.

I'll swing by tonight to see if there was any more progress on my way home.

Reactions: mazeminder
There are no lights or indicators that I noticed on the Urban SCs in Ottawa.

When I was there a few days ago, they still seemed to be missing the transformer on the other side of the laneway close to the parkade - where the remaining fence is.

The rest of the work looks done, I'm sure when that gets placed, it'll be quick.

I'll swing by tonight to see if there was any more progress on my way home.

No power last night when I dropped in to check.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Same...
And I may have been incorrect regarding the transformer not being there...

The fencing is gone across the driveway, and that poured slab there may instead just be a hydro vault...
In that case, aside from the light post that's still laying down and blocking half of the chargers, they could be ready to go very soon!

(OR they are waiting for a transformer... who knows? haha)

Do we know these details on Ottawa? That's the only working Urban style SC in Canada (at least so far), isn't it?
I took pics of the cabinet specs in Laval, and pedestal specs in Ottawa - both clearly say 200A maximum output.

Interestingly, Tesla owners report that the station isn’t limited to 72 kW and that they can achieve a rate of 120 kW in the right conditions, like regular long-distance Superchargers.
The Urban-style cabinets and stalls I've seen in the wild are limited to 200A @ 410V = 82kW. In practice you'd never ever see 82kW... you can't hit the maximum possible voltage AND be drawing maximum amperage at the same time. We'll have to await further details on the new SC that has appeared with apparently higher outputs. In the mean time, everyone should be checking the spec labels on Urban style SCs when you see them!

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric