Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Etobicoke ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know you're probably joking (?) but those are transmission towers operating at 115 or 230 kV and would require a massive substation to transform the power down to utilization levels not to mention the costs associated with being a transmission-connected customer (now I'm joking... typically only HUGE factories, mining operations etc. are transmission connected).

Yeah, I was only joking. I'll admit I haven't the foggiest idea of what would be required but if I were involved in doing it, I'll soon be for the afterlife (and hence, why I'll always be hiring an electrician to do any electrical work). That said - thinking of all that power, shunt a bit of the power over to the parking lot and let's get 50 of these Superchargers going, pronto! ;)

Is that your Tesla?

Is that Flo charger free?

The Ikea down the road has 2 free Chademo chargers....

Good to know these are online now.

Nope, not mine - my S is red. I'm living nearby so really don't need either of the Flo or the one at Ikea and I doubt they're free. I check in once in a while just to see if there's any progress on the Supercharger and to let people know once it's up and running. I'll be swinging in tomorrow to see how it's going.

Reactions: SmartElectric
Well, Toronto Hydro is back at it although no sign of any people there (lunch time).

Attachments

• C8FDFBEE-E4E3-41A3-AFD6-E0771E4FE2E9.jpeg
    C8FDFBEE-E4E3-41A3-AFD6-E0771E4FE2E9.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 97
Went there this morning. No hydro workers or trucks. It would appear everything is now in place. Perhaps power up will happen today? Wishful thinking...

Hydro trucks were there when I went by around 10:30am. They come and go. There was also a transport to carry some kind of heavy equipment. The enclosure hasn't been completed, which stands to reason why it isn't active yet.