Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Everett, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Corrections required from final inspection last week.

1671594044473.png

With the Cybertruck just around the corner, maybe this is something they very specifically should be building for, as it's about to become alot more common.
90% of people who buy the cybertruck will not be using it to tow long distances requiring superchargers. Look at how many people own ICE pickup trucks and what percentage of them tow travel trailers. I also suspect the vast majority of those 10% who want to tow travel trailers long distances will be put off by the lack of towing range.

We already saw that 4680 MY had at most 85% of the range it was expected to have so the 250, 300 and 500 will likely be 220, 250 and 400 based on the real world capacity of 4680 vs the theoretical they were planning on. Also, they dropped the 520+ mile plaid plus model s and instead came to market with the 348 mile plaid. Also, the $40k, $50k and $70k prices will likely be much more. No way the stainless steel bodied RWD will come in at $40k. Maybe in 3+ years once manufacturing scale efficiencies have been reached. The Lightning starts at $56k and Rivian at $67k. Chevy has theirs priced at an estimated $40k MSRP for the work truck variant. I strongly suspect that is based on the original pricing of the Cybertruck and will climb much higher when Cypertruck comes in much higher. $50k seems like a much better price target for the entry level variant.

Thanks for looking into this. I'm hoping they install one at the Lake Stevens Target soon. I put in my request for a new supercharger there :)
Seeing as Lake Stevens is not on a major travel route, there are soon to be new SCs at Everett and Tulalip, it is very doubtful you will see one in Lake Stevens before the end of 2023. And there is already EA at that Target so with the CCS adapter, you are covered.

Reactions: m5james
Transformer has been installed. She’s a big girl at 2,000 kVA.

12 stalls, at 250kW each, is 3000kW. Clearly we don't expect all getting the max simultaneously, but I'm curious about the load balancing.

How much do they over-provision? For this 2000kVA transformer, what would be the max that the site should pull? I know this isn't subject to the same codes as my charger at home, but using that as an example, I have a 48A charger and overprovision the circuit by 25% (so 60A).

12 stalls, at 250kW each, is 3000kW. Clearly we don't expect all getting the max simultaneously, but I'm curious about the load balancing.

How much do they over-provision? For this 2000kVA transformer, what would be the max that the site should pull? I know this isn't subject to the same codes as my charger at home, but using that as an example, I have a 48A charger and overprovision the circuit by 25% (so 60A).

12 stalls powered by 3 cabinets (4 stalls per cabinet). Each cabinet has a maximum AC input of 350 kVA. 3x350=1,050 kVA. Most 12-stall V3 sites are powered by 1,000 kVA transformers. This site is overprovisioned by ~double. Utility transformers are 100% rated unlike home circuits that are 80%.

• Informative
Reactions: TunaBug
provability of 12 cars charging at 250kw at once is pretty minimal I would say. I feel happy if my car sustains 5 min of 250kw.
This installation might be to leave room for possible future expansion. Regardless of reason I'm glad they made this choice tho