Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fontana, CA (LIVE 29 Mar 2019, 24 Urban type)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by yesterday to check out the construction for myself. The fenced off area near Target also has signage by "EVI" so looks like Steve was on target (pun intended) with his comments. No construction seems to have started, but the green fences are up.

I'm assuming they'll start tearing up the lot up to the exit point for the target "behind the store" area (more like next to the store). From the looks of it, the trench for the power will be dug in the CVS parking lot near the drive thru, and up to the spot where the transformer will go. Nothing more than my speculation to go off, but I'm guessing once the ball starts rolling, the digging will go quickly; no stores want to be out parking spaces due to construction.

Drove by today, lots of progress for running the power to the chargers. Photos attached.

IMG_20190128_144645.jpg IMG_20190128_144658.jpg IMG_20190128_144711.jpg
IMG_20190128_144714.jpg

Went by the other day just curious as to location and status, everything looked up and done. Construction equipment was gone, all chargers were up. Only thing was that all chargers had a black trash bag wrapped around them so couldn't be used yet. Just waiting for approval to activate? Think I counted about 24 or so and they looked like they were going to be urban style chargers.

Went by the other day just curious as to location and status, everything looked up and done. Construction equipment was gone, all chargers were up. Only thing was that all chargers had a black trash bag wrapped around them so couldn't be used yet. Just waiting for approval to activate?
Based on posts just upthread, there is no transformer on site yet. Without a transformer, site has no power. Electric utility is responsible for installing the transformer. It is likely that Tesla has completed everything it is responsible for.

Went by the other day just curious as to location and status, everything looked up and done. Construction equipment was gone, all chargers were up. Only thing was that all chargers had a black trash bag wrapped around them so couldn't be used yet. Just waiting for approval to activate? Think I counted about 24 or so and they looked like they were going to be urban style chargers.

They re-wrapped the chargers with black garbage bags after all the wind events a few weeks ago shredded the bags before.

I drive by the site almost every day, so I look over to see if a transformer is placed yet. So far, no transformer, but EVI has finished all their construction work on the ground and behind Target (or at least they've finished their part). Still just waiting for SCE, I think.