Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sammamish, WA (LIVE 12 Mar 2024, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla finishing setup right now. They said should be operational today!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    758.1 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: Big Earl and Poiu
It's kind of weird though. The sign posts are up but they don't have any signs. Also it looked like parking bumpers had been installed and removed. Not sure if that was intentional. Anyways with it looking relatively incomplete and not yet in the Nav or app, it wouldn't surprise me if it were powered down again. It's even possible that they were doing some testing on it yesterday and it was left on by mistake overnight.

Reactions: Poiu
Left Sammamish Monday and got home yesterday, had a feeling this site would be live right after we went home. Well, on our next visit, we should be able to use this real Supercharger instead of the Urban Changer. Congratulations Sammamish Tesla owners.

Reactions: wws
Also it looked like parking bumpers had been installed and removed.
It seems we have seen this happening at other new sites too. Bumpers in, then bumpers out. I wonder if the change is to accommodate non-Tesla vehicles at a future date. Seems likely to allow for accidental damage though.

Good to see this SC finally turned on. Nearly 14 months from breaking ground to opening, and 3 years since the permit was found.

Reactions: supergeek and Poiu
Hopefully this will take some load off the Urban SCs in Issaquah. That place is a zoo! Last time I was visiting, I used a nearby EA instead. (And it actually worked - after several swipes with two different credit cards...)

I have to charge at Issaquah around midnight because it is usually fully occupied in the day. The one at Issaquah should at least upgrade to 150 or even 250kwh because of the high traffic and close to i90. 72kwh is really slow and I ever waited 30min for my turn.

BTW, noticed that the one at Sammamish is 250kwh! and all 8 stalls at Issaquah are down at the moment,

1710446665201.jpeg

I have to charge at Issaquah around midnight because it is usually fully occupied in the day. The one at Issaquah should at least upgrade to 150 or even 250kwh because of the high traffic and close to i90. 72kwh is really slow and I ever waited 30min for my turn.

BTW, noticed that the one at Sammamish is 250kwh! and all 8 stalls at Issaquah are down at the moment,

View attachment 1028009

Wow. The nearby EA that I used is at the Target on Gillman Blvd. While it worked for me, after a fashion, recent plugshare reviews haven't been great.

There was supposed to be a site in the Eastgate Mall parking lot on the south side of Bellevue - which would be the perfect location for when I visit. But it seems to have disappeared from supercharge.info. OTOH, there are two SC sites shown in planning stages in Issaquah.

Wow. The nearby EA that I used is at the Target on Gillman Blvd. While it worked for me, after a fashion, recent plugshare reviews haven't been great.
EA's problem isn't that they're unreliable, it is that they are unreliably unreliable. They work enough to give you a glimmer of hope so that you you might show up, and then they let you down.

If they were just completely broken all the time people would learn that, ignore them, and not hate them as much.

Moral of the story: reliably broken is often better than unreliably working.

• Funny
Reactions: wws

View attachment 1028009
You need a better charging plan than to rely on the Issaquah supercharger. It's been that way since 2019 or so.

Reactions: Poiu
I believe this is recent - the Tesla supercharger map on their web site shows a new Bellevue location opening in 2024. Much needed addition to the existing 8 x 72kW site.

View attachment 1028071

When we visit, we stay on the southeast side by Phantom Lake. So I tend to use the Issaquah SCs while shopping at the Fred Meyers. But I've used that downtown location as well. Saw my first Model S Plaid there! The guy had just bought it a couple days before and was charging it for the first time.

Will certainly try this new Sammamish SC next time.

View attachment 1028009
They cannot upgrade to 250kw, different infrastructure. Would need to bulldoze and start over. They will just build other sites.

They won’t upgrade to 150kw because that’s what’s these are. Same cabinets. Slightly different load sharing but if the site is full, you’re likely only getting 75kw anyway.