Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sammamish, WA (LIVE 12 Mar 2024, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How much of the delay is due to red tapes from King county or from incompetence? Image if your a small business owner and have to go though all these delays to implement proven technology/equipments. Crazy...

How much of the delay is due to red tapes from King county or from incompetence? Image if your a small business owner and have to go though all these delays to implement proven technology/equipments. Crazy...
Are you speculating that this is a permit issue, or is there documentation that this is a permit issue?

This post reminds me of Cartman being “brave enough to ask questions.”

Everything passed permitting reviews before it was issued. I believe the issue was with there not being enough power available from the utility and needing to bring more in. That could get into govt red tape.

Finally some progress! The fencing was open, so I could get a good look.

A pad-mounted switchgear cabinet has been delivered - PMH-9 from S&C Electric Company. I assume the tie in to the high-voltage supply under the road has now been completed.

Presumably a transformer is needed and would go on the second concrete pad? Anything else required?

20240216_171721037_iOS.jpg

Attachments

• 20240216_172029036_iOS.jpg
    20240216_172029036_iOS.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 20240216_171852333_iOS.jpg
    20240216_171852333_iOS.jpg
    788.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20240216_171738523_iOS.jpg
    20240216_171738523_iOS.jpg
    479.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20240216_172129306_iOS.jpg
    20240216_172129306_iOS.jpg
    635.4 KB · Views: 21

A pad-mounted switchgear cabinet has been delivered - PMH-9 from S&C Electric Company. I assume the tie in to the high-voltage supply under the road has now been completed.

Presumably a transformer is needed and would go on the second concrete pad? Anything else required?

View attachment 1019043
As long as the transformer or Tesla switchgear cabinet has a place for a meter then no. Otherwise you’d need a freestanding meter base pad but it doesn’t look like there is one so it’s likely on the Tesla equipment.

View attachment 1019043
Can you or anyone else in the area confirm that this permit is likely for Tesla Destination chargers at Boulder Creek Apartments? Seems highly unlikely it would be a SC but you never know these days.
1708134495721.png

Can you or anyone else in the area confirm that this permit is likely for Tesla Destination chargers at Boulder Creek Apartments? Seems highly unlikely it would be a SC but you never know these days.
View attachment 1019160

I checked yesterday - no sign of any Tesla chargers; the property manager was vague, but I believe this permit is for future resident AC chargers.

Reactions: Mrbrock
Disappointing to see that the site not open yet. They have started to fill in the trench where the power was brought in and all around the electrical equipment, but that's it. Given the charging posts are in a different location, I think they could have opened the site without the landscaping being complete. Maybe this week?!

Let's hope the forthcoming 16 stall site down in Issaquah goes quicker than this one!

Reactions: bruce4000 and wws