Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fontana, CA (LIVE 29 Mar 2019, 24 Urban type)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: Sunday 10/7 lines are painted

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 171
Kinda sad Tesla and utility companies can't sink up completion a little better. In the end, even Ft Stockton kicked butt on construction and activation. So much pent-up demand and days of frustration waiting. Ya, thanks @tbleakne for stopping by this morning. I was heading up the hill tomorrow morning and was going to stop by and check for progress. Maybe Edison will install the transformer today.....:):) NOT. Thanks for saving me the detour.

This is a silly wild guess, and maybe way off the mark, but SCE is building a new substation a few miles east along Sierra Ave.
Falcon | Projects in Progress | Reliability | About Us | Home - SCE
Perhaps there's a slight possibility they are waiting for the additional capacity to come online.

Or perhaps they ran out of 2MVA transformer stock and are waiting for production of a new one...:rolleyes:

Of course it could be something completely out in left field.

It's fun to speculate, but hopefully this charger does in fact come online before the end of the year.

Thanks TerranApart for your link to SCE's announcement about building a new substation a few miles east from the Falcon Ridge shopping center. They say they are building it because growth in the area has led to a local shortage of electrical capacity and delivery. This may well explain the extended delay for the energizing of the Fontana SC. The project status is "Under Construction." Unfortunately project completion of the substation is targeted for First Quarter 2019. They give a contact number for the project, 866-977-3487. I left a voice mail message at this number, asking whether this is impacting our SC. If I hear back, I will post.

Reactions: abasile
As I approached the site early this afternoon, I could see two very big SCE trucks at the SC lot in the distance. What? As I got closer, I noticed both trucks were parked at the end of the SC lot and not at the business end, where the transformer will be installed. I parked in front of the truck, which had two guys in it. As I approached the truck driver's door, I noticed both SCE guys were chowing down on Del Taco. I introduced myself and asked if they were involved with transformer installation. They knew nothing about it and only dropped by to eat :( The older guy knew about a new substation going in but indicated it was west and not east as previously reported. In either case, the wait game continues......

• Funny
Reactions: Maaz
Transformers look like a big green metal box. There are currently 2 holes at the Fontana location that are covered with plywood or something that says NO STEP on it. This is where the transformer(s) will go. Most sites just have 1 transformer, but this site has a lot of stalls and I noticed 2 holes, so maybe it will get 2 transformers, or the 2nd hole could be for something else, I'm not really sure.

• Informative
Reactions: Need
Thanks TerranApart for your link to SCE's announcement about building a new substation a few miles east from the Falcon Ridge shopping center. They say they are building it because growth in the area has led to a local shortage of electrical capacity and delivery. This may well explain the extended delay for the energizing of the Fontana SC. The project status is "Under Construction." Unfortunately project completion of the substation is targeted for First Quarter 2019. They give a contact number for the project, 866-977-3487. I left a voice mail message at this number, asking whether this is impacting our SC. If I hear back, I will post.
Thank you-excellent research!