Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fort Worth, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's the price in Canadian dollars, which is displayed if you're on the webpage with Canada set as the location. Try looking at the US store page for it. It's still US$450. (If that link didn't take you to the US page, scroll down to the bottom and click on the flag to set the location)

Ah! Thanks for clarifying, not sure how I ended up there... but it sure seemed like a lot of loonies!

Seven or eight months IIRC. The most aggravating part is the zero sense of urgency to get it back up and running coupled with absolutely no official explanations or projected time frame. Please correct me if I am wrong about the last part.

The transformer fire led to a massive finger pointing game and investigation, that's understandable. That appears to have been done, new equipment installed, electrical inspection passed, now what is the holdup?

If I go online and buy a CHAdeMO adapter right now, the supercharger station will be open tomorrow. BTW - The CHAdeMO adapter is currently at $600. When did that happen?

I emailed that Sarah lady and I have received nothing back lol. So sad, 7 months closed! And they don't give a damn.

Not sure who’s fault it is for the delay. With the government and Tesla involved it could be anyone. I’m sure the fire gives lots of ammo to anyone that would rather it not be there.

Don’t understand why people expect a press release or personal communication? I don’t see that when a new gas station opens. It just sets up the expectations that then have to be managed.

Not sure who’s fault it is for the delay. With the government and Tesla involved it could be anyone. I’m sure the fire gives lots of ammo to anyone that would rather it not be there.

Don’t understand why people expect a press release or personal communication? I don’t see that when a new gas station opens. It just sets up the expectations that then have to be managed.

The transformer fire blame game has been resolved, at least enough for the city to final the electrical.

If there were supercharger stations on every corner then I doubt anyone would be too interested in this case.

I emailed that Sarah lady and I have received nothing back lol. So sad, 7 months closed! And they don't give a damn.

Yes, I tried contacting her with the same result. I also tried contacting the Tesla employee, Robert, who has been very involved in this project from the beginning, through the post fire blame game, with no response. Look at record PO18-02289 on Accela Citizen Access.

• Informative
Reactions: jrad6515

Really? Lol. If we had superchargers around it wouldn't be a big deal ...but when a lot of people especially around that area live in apartments and the only Supercharger that is in fort worth has been closed for 7 months that's a problem. So yes, I do expect to hear something...especially when Tesla makes it seem so convenient to Supercharge.

ooh - building permit now reads "Finaled"
all the fees were paid 7/19
shown as Approved 7/24/2019 1:09 PM
So theoretically that should unlock the related electrical permit.

One step at a time . . . .

Awesome. There are some 'rubber stamp' marks in the comments section too. 'Permit issued, inspections final, permit final, closed' ... all in one day span. The electric permit still has the lock, hopefully that get's 'unlocked' soon. If Oncor had to pull wire, install transformers, install a meter, etc ... I would say this is still several weeks out. I believe all of that is in place. This should be a fairly quick turn, for Oncor that could be a week, after it is released. Fingers crossed that nothing catches on fire when they connect the power.

I emailed CFW Customer Service on Monday, not pretending to be anything other than a concerned citizen, pointing out the LOCKED electrical permit. Here's the reply:

Good Afternoon,

The lock has been removed from the electrical permit since the building permit has been completed. If you need the electrical re-released to Oncor please contact our Call Center at [snip] so that we can do this over the phone for faster service.

Thank you,

[snip]

-------

Edit: Status of PE19-02420 is now "Finaled."

Last edited:
As of 07:09 its working!
15651798041506617070433330468807.jpg

Visited at 1000 for a fill up. Only problem was the majority of chargers were ICE. Hope the gas vehicle drivers made an honest mistake not realizing it’s open.

Attachments

• 1D6A9467-12C6-4E10-8FA1-58480B5CB0F1.jpeg
    1D6A9467-12C6-4E10-8FA1-58480B5CB0F1.jpeg
    676.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 3BDCA31B-0C50-4E3C-8D5A-12C295387CA5.jpeg
    3BDCA31B-0C50-4E3C-8D5A-12C295387CA5.jpeg
    550.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 102FE2C6-7DDB-40FE-B007-FB749E100241.jpeg
    102FE2C6-7DDB-40FE-B007-FB749E100241.jpeg
    494.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Informative
Reactions: CarlS
Visited at 1000 for a fill up. Only problem was the majority of chargers were ICE. Hope the gas vehicle drivers made an honest mistake not realizing it’s open.

I was there this morning too. On the street side the eight charging spaces are marked as general parking and all were occupied, mostly by gas vehicles. On the opposite side the 8 are marked as “Tesla only“. Just one of those eight spaces was ICEd so I don’t see a big problem as yet.