Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fountain Valley (LIVE 28 Aug 2015, Expanded 27 Oct 2017, 16 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or people are too ashamed to admit it!
I thought we would have to pay one or two dollars idle fee for usage at the Santa Ana SC, but on first year service, no charge.
We walked hundreds of yards (meters) to find the Lucille's, then waited what seemed like hours for the Southern Breakfast, then had the idle fee warning. I asked for the bill, then we spent maybe an hour finding our way back to our car. Or 45 min .

Gave it a 2nd chance last night about 7ish. No evidence of construction and all stalls full with 3 cars waiting. Fortunately I had 21% charge remaining, and immediately headed to MB. No more stopping here (really mean it this time :rolleyes:)
What is MB? Mission Biejo?
My Barage?
M something Burbank?
Just wondering ... ?

• Funny
Reactions: Acps110
Stopped by FV yesterday and 2 of the stalls were under repair (the pair closest to the SC equipment) and asked the tech. He is not on the distribution list for the expansion notices and strictly repair. I thanked him for keeping the chargers running and handed out OC Tesla cards to those that were around.

How do you know this? Are you sure it is an expansion as opposed to a new site in FV?
I don't, and is why I asked the question. I based this on Culver CIty and Barstow that are both are being expanded and listed as "new" pins on the Tesla map.

FV seems prime for expansion give an entire row of (mostly) unused spots (except for waiting cars). If my recollection serves me right, there may have been a power supply issue that limited the number of stalls to 8. Although, that may have been just a rumor.
If they do expand it, I hope it is not the same whimpy 4-stall expansion in Culver City, but rather a minimum of 8, preferably 12 additional stalls. Even that may not suffice.

Reactions: Vern Padgett
I don't, and is why I asked the question. I based this on Culver CIty and Barstow that are both are being expanded and listed as "new" pins on the Tesla map.

FV seems prime for expansion give an entire row of (mostly) unused spots (except for waiting cars). If my recollection serves me right, there may have been a power supply issue that limited the number of stalls to 8. Although, that may have been just a rumor.
If they do expand it, I hope it is not the same whimpy 4-stall expansion in Culver City, but rather a minimum of 8, preferably 12 additional stalls. Even that may not suffice.

I believe that when the site was first considered, Tesla wanted to put in 12, but the utility balked at the power requirements and that's how we got the eight that are there. With the usage, it should be easier to consider expansion. Just didn't see any evidence.

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett
Just sent this to the Tesla Owners Club of Orange County membership.

"Stumbled upon a hearing in Fountain Valley Planning Committee for this Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 6pm.

There are rumors that this permit to expand the supercharger might be in jeopardy and can use the support of some Tesla Owners (especially those that live and vote in Fountain Valley) so that Tesla can expand the supercharger stalls from eight to sixteen. We're looking for QUIET support of the measure for Tesla and think that wearing Tesla logo items and attendance of the hearing with such support may sway the council.

The hearing will be held at 10200 Slater Avenue, Fountain Valley, CA at 6pm.

If interested in reading the Agenda from the FV Planning Commission Agenda, click here. (Note that this is a link to a PDF of the Agenda from FV Planning Commission.)"

If interested in joining the Tesla Owners Club of Orange County for this effort, OR for others, PM me here or send an email. (Here's a link to the Official Tesla Owners Club site on Tesla.com)

The rumor is some people are opposed to releasing more parking spaces for charging stations. (Similar to Culver City's limit.).

We live nearby and shop at this Costco sometimes and there have ALWAYS been plenty of parking spaces in this corner of this shopping center. We don't Supercharge here because we're local and respect other Tesla owners who NEED a charge to get to their destination (not locals who are clogging up the SC spaces because it's "free"... but that's another topic). Also this SC is frequently at 100% capacity all day & early evening. We know since we always park in the empty non-SC spaces adjoining the SC's when we shop at this Costco because all the Tesla owners who are charging provide great security. :cool:

That area parking is rather small, especially Costco taking a good part of it.

I bet Frys Electronics would love the traffic this bring and their lot are always empty these days lol

The lot always has spots available, even with Co
We live nearby and shop at this Costco sometimes and there have ALWAYS been plenty of parking spaces in this corner of this shopping center. We don't Supercharge here because we're local and respect other Tesla owners who NEED a charge to get to their destination (not locals who are clogging up the SC spaces because it's "free"... but that's another topic). Also this SC is frequently at 100% capacity all day & early evening. We know since we always park in the empty non-SC spaces adjoining the SC's when we shop at this Costco because all the Tesla owners who are charging provide great security. :cool:

Exactly why we need to help get this spot support for the expansion.