Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fresno, CA - North Riverside Drive (5001 N Riverside, LIVE 24 Nov 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Thanks to @Clarc0 on the Supercharge Info forum for noticing a new Supercharger under construction near the Hobby Lobby just across from the existing Fresno Supercharger. This station will have 12 V3 stalls based on what is said in a site plan for Phase 2 of the Shopping Center. Will add on Supercharge Info, if @Pluto doesn’t beat me to it!

New Supercharger Construction Fresno, CA

55829CF7-4D14-4AEA-852B-B971EBD6F57A.jpeg
2C87E768-45EB-48FD-AD61-FB2156656285.jpeg

Thanks to @Clarc0 on the Supercharge Info forum for noticing a new Supercharger under construction near the Hobby Lobby just across from the existing Fresno Supercharger. This station will have 12 V3 stalls based on what is said in a site plan for Phase 2 of the Shopping Center. Will add on Supercharge Info, if @Pluto doesn’t beat me to it!

New Supercharger Construction Fresno, CA

View attachment 590719 View attachment 590720
Haha I saw it but wasn’t available at the time. Thanks for taking care of it!

Reactions: MarcoRP
This is LONG overdue. I'm curious if they are going to leave the old ones.

My WAG is that this site will be an addition, not a replacement. Replacing 10 V2 stalls with 12 V3 stalls doesn't seem worth the effort unless those 10 V2 stalls had to go away for some reason. But a total of 22 stalls would be nice indeed. It'd be something like the two Mt. Shasta locations.

Bruce.

My WAG is that this site will be an addition, not a replacement. Replacing 10 V2 stalls with 12 V3 stalls doesn't seem worth the effort unless those 10 V2 stalls had to go away for some reason. But a total of 22 stalls would be nice indeed. It'd be something like the two Mt. Shasta locations.

Bruce.
That would be nice. having a couple cent difference may help too. I have family in Fresno and this Supercharger gives me anxiety. Even late at night you run the risk of waiting in a line and its almost a guarantee you are sharing.. I'll likely be visiting my family more when this one pops up

That would be nice. having a couple cent difference may help too. I have family in Fresno and this Supercharger gives me anxiety. Even late at night you run the risk of waiting in a line and its almost a guarantee you are sharing.. I'll likely be visiting my family more when this one pops up

I grew up in Fresno and still go back there occasionally for various reasons. Before there was a Supercharger in Fresno, I had to range charge in Manteca and then add range with the CHAdeMO EVgo chargers at Fashion Fair or the 30A dryer circuit at my parents' house just to get back up to Manteca on the return trip. The good old days... :)

Bruce.

This will be a nice addition but it is still on the wrong side of the City for me. My parents live in Clovis and I drive from Tulare CA to go visit it will be nice for me when the Traver site opens but a location near the 99 / 41 interchange would be great :).

This is LONG overdue. I'm curious if they are going to leave the old ones.
I don’t know why Tesla would take out of service V2 Superchargers that were built less than five years ago. These new V3 Superchargers are additional, not replacements, and both locations will certainly be well used given how many thousands of cars Tesla is selling in California.

Reactions: ucmndd and bmah

I've had my Tesla since August 2018 and I milked the hell out of my free supercharging when I first got my car since the station was just up the street from me, and I'll say that I've only had to wait in a line maybe 3 times over the past 2 years. It's evenings and Fridays that seem to get the most traffic, but part of the problem has been that the charging speeds are inconsistent and occasionally 2-3 of the stalls are not functioning properly. I've never had an issue with late night being full, it's usually a ghost town during the week in the evenings.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart

I would wake up early morning around 6:30am to go and charge there. It was still slow with only 2-3 cars.

I ended up just buying a house in Fresno so I don't have to deal with that supercharger anymore. It's been great driving down ever since.

Wish Tesla would get this site open or the one in Traver City, I like my Teslas,but do not have the customer service of Nio, hope they come to US soon, may help Tesla US to become more customer oriented. Tesla has good intentions, but doesn't alway live up to expectations on certain customer issues.