Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gaithersburg, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still not operational at 12:19pm today. Stalls not numbered. Screws missing from the white panels of each stall. No visible meter, but there is a box near the transformer that has a cover over it. Perhaps the meter is (or will be) installed in it. The stalls are not illuminated.

One stall currently occupied by an ICE truck.

IMG_2264.jpg

Still no power

• Informative
Reactions: Fiddler and Thinkje
View attachment 264045
Just visited tonight
6 30min stations, 6 regular stations and none are on. No ice in the spots. This is a tight garage with lots of traffic; I foresee some future bumps and scars.
Yep - I've found those stalls pretty hard to get in and out of. Anyone else notice that everyones IQ drops 100 points when they drive down that first lane there. I've witnessed some of the worst parking attempts and general driving skills in my 30 years of driving experience.

Yep - I've found those stalls pretty hard to get in and out of. Anyone else notice that everyones IQ drops 100 points when they drive down that first lane there. I've witnessed some of the worst parking attempts and general driving skills in my 30 years of driving experience.
Yeah, it's tight. Wonder how it's going to work out if stalls are full. Seems to be no waiting area. Going to be a cluster ***.' why they don't build the stalls at a 45 degree angle for easy entrance.

I contacted the local government official who approved the plan for the Washingtonian Tesla superchargers.

He stated that signage means that six stalls are dedicated to Tesla only vehicle charging and six stalls can be occupied by any type ( Tesla or ICE ) but only for 30 minutes.

As such there are only 6 changing stalls dedicated and reserved solely to Tesla vehicles.

May find in time that six of the stalls are routinely occupied by non-Tesla vehicles whose owners need to make a quick trip to a nearby store or restaurant.

Don’t know how they will enforce the 30 minute parking limit for ICE vehicles.

He didn’t know when the stalls would become electrified and operational.

• Informative
Reactions: Fiddler
Stopped by at 3pm today. Stalls are taped off. A contractor said he was doing the final inspection. He told me the meter has been installed but the power to the stalls has not been turned on yet. Asked when they (the stalls) would be operational. He said he is not allowed to say a specific date but that it will be very, very soon. Impression he gave is that it is days and not weeks.