Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gastonia, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This site appears to be under construction finally per a FB group post
I came here to post the same thing:
1685204894110.png

@corywright @Chuq @tes-s

Yes, it looks like we did get the location correct, the author of the FB post stated "Walmart on Franklin Blvd right in front of best buy"

This is the location on https://supercharge.info/4521
Thanks I was going to ask myself but I'm not a member of that group and it seemed like a process to get approved...

Seems closer to the Best Buy, at least based on that dot. Actually location could be different. Still don't love this location, but I don't think I'll ever go. Great to see a new location coming to Wilmington too. Both updated on Supercharge.info on the same day. Go NC!

Progress!

Swung by today and took these pics. Also outlined on Google maps where it's located. Looks like they excavated the island with a few trees on it to make space. Looks like 8 or possibly 10 stalls.
IMG_4980.jpeg
IMG_4981.jpeg
IMG_4982.jpeg
IMG_4983.jpeg
IMG_4984.jpeg
IMG_4985.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 12.09.55 PM.png

Edit: After looking more closely, it looks like 3 stalls on each side of the power stations... on both sides. So 6 stalls per side, 12 total. Cool.

Last edited:
Progress!

Swung by today and took these pics. Also outlined on Google maps where it's located. Looks like they excavated the island with a few trees on it to make space. Looks like 8 or possibly 10 stalls.
View attachment 945881View attachment 945883View attachment 945884View attachment 945885View attachment 945887View attachment 945888
View attachment 945880

Edit: After looking more closely, it looks like 3 stalls on each side of the power stations... on both sides. So 6 stalls per side, 12 total. Cool.
Has anyone visited this site recently? Curious if there is more progress?

This is a pretty busy exit if I remember correctly. The good news is it looks to be directly in the middle of exit 21 and 22, so you can take either depending on which direction you are coming from and if one has better traffic or not.
It is a pretty busy area. It isn't too hard to get in and out of though, and as you pointed it, it never requires backtracking to get back on the interstate. Not a bad location overall.

Also interesting - there appears to be one charger specifically designed for non-Teslas with the charging port on the front left (Ford, Rivian, etc) - to allow them to pull in head-first and not require an extra long cable to reach. Future proofing once NACS is in wider use.

IMG_5325.jpeg

Reactions: DavidAsheville
Also interesting - there appears to be one charger specifically designed for non-Teslas with the charging port on the front left (Ford, Rivian, etc) - to allow them to pull in head-first and not require an extra long cable to reach. Future proofing once NACS is in wider use.

View attachment 966482
Also for backing in a Hyundai Ioniq5 and comparable Hyundai/Kia/Genesis vehicles with the charging port on the passenger side rear.

View attachment 966482
While that could in fact be used for that purpose, the spot you've highlighted "belongs" to the pedestal on the right in your picture, and the other pedestal that I think you think would service the highlighted spot is really intended to be used with the next spot over. If someone did park in the "dashed" spot and plugged into the pedestal 2nd from the right, they would be blocking the furthest right stall AND be using the pedestal intended for the spot to the left of the dashed spot.

Reactions: SarahsDad