Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Goleta, CA (LIVE 6 May 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, I wouldn't go there. Bad part of town, fistfights in the parking lot over places in line, people unplugging you at random. Guys make YouTube videos of themselves doing donuts in that parking lot. Points for smoke and how close you come to the parked cars. A Hellcat Challenger showed up the other day, you couldn't see for ten minutes. But he didn't hit anyone, usually they do. The gym next door, the last half hour of each lesson is go find someone in the parking lot next door and beat them up.

There was a sign on the charger the other day, the day I swore I'd never go back there, "New rideshare pilot program, If you see a car plugged into this it means that you are free to take it".

The sign did, however give useful driving tips if you were to take a car. "If you take a Prius, get in the outside lane on the highway and go 64MPH. If at night, turn your brights on". "If taking a Tesla, pass the Prius to the right and come as close as you can to clipping both his rear and his front". "If taking a Fiat, drive 20 miles and drop it, don't get into the outside lane and don't try to pass anyone".

Anyway, that charger is bad news, you certainly don't want to go there:)

I will definitely not go there again!

Wow! I must have missed all that excitement. Although I do sometimes take a nap while charging...

I can't believe you get away with that. I forgot to mention the guy in the Smart car, he patrols that spot looking for people who are sleeping while charging, or even just sitting in their cars. His smile is known to be more evil if the person is asleep. He has an air tank in the back seat, a freight train horn under the hood. He pulls right up to people's doors and lets them have it......

The exit to Hollister is closed, not the entrance. At lunchtime the road was....gone, up to the crosswalk.

Some more crates showed up in the holding area, no idea what would be in them.

IMG_7152.JPG

Why? They've been saying the new ones are going to be V3.

That's my on topic, now my off topic. If anyone local reading this, I live near Cambridge and Cathedral Oaks, has a Model X and would be willing to let me have my father get in and out of the car, he doesn't need to drive it, just wants to get in and out, please let me know.

I've managed to convince a 88 year old that a Tesla is a good idea for him, but he has a hard time getting out of my Model S, even when I have it set high. I myself have not been in an X, but it looks higher than a S. Beer could be exchanged for your time, or whatever..

Why? They've been saying the new ones are going to be V3.

That's my on topic, now my off topic. If anyone local reading this, I live near Cambridge and Cathedral Oaks, has a Model X and would be willing to let me have my father get in and out of the car, he doesn't need to drive it, just wants to get in and out, please let me know.

I've managed to convince a 88 year old that a Tesla is a good idea for him, but he has a hard time getting out of my Model S, even when I have it set high. I myself have not been in an X, but it looks higher than a S. Beer could be exchanged for your time, or whatever..

Have you considered that he might need to hang up his hat as an automobile operator? 88 is really stretching it for most people that age.

They were unloading horizontal boring equipment out back today, and the other guys were wrapping up the paving, should be back in business. There are some more crates in the build area today, too.

Young 88. Lot of local guys on this particular thread. Thought about the SC later on, but someone here who knows who I am contacted me, we got our sitdown. You can't edit posts after an hour, so it stuck.

Reactions: bmah