Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Goleta, CA (LIVE 6 May 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unambiguous signage.

B44B7291-D062-413A-902E-196CCDB3E05C.jpeg

They folded up shop in the back, too, nothing there.

They did fix the ADA ramp, I'm not an expert but I thought it was missing something, and what I thought it was missing has been added, which leads me to believe that there is some type of inspection going on. I don't know how to describe what I thought was missing and i didn't take a picture, a bumpy pad.

Anyway, Goleta I think is doing virtual inspections now, and they made a change.

From the signage it appears that one charger is for ADA use only, though I did not read the sign, just saw it on my way out. Makes sense, though.

So now that that's fixed and the gravel is in it should be time for the asphalt...............................

At this rate Pismo Beach, which was "found" just over a month ago, is going to be open before ours.

I don't know how to describe what I thought was missing and i didn't take a picture, a bumpy pad.

From the signage it appears that one charger is for ADA use only, though I did not read the sign, just saw it on my way out.

“Bumpy pad” = for the blind? Given Tesla is the only car a blind person can drive.... ok, maybe not yet.

An ADA only spot and right across from a police station.... it will be interesting to see how this spot gets used if demand for these charges is only a fraction of what we think it will be.

How common is an ADA spot at superchargers? I can’t say I have noticed them and I have been to many. I seem to remember some ambiguous signage at the Buellton one. I never took the time to understand it.

So does that mean the stall can be used for charging or not?

Not really sure.... if handicapped - do you need to be charging? If charging - do you need to be handicapped?
Or do you need to meet both criteria?
Is the fine the same for either infraction?

If being written a citation while your charge hits 100%, will you be able to disconnect and move your vehicle to prevent idle charges?

Not really sure.... if handicapped - do you need to be charging? If charging - do you need to be handicapped?
Or do you need to meet both criteria?
Is the fine the same for either infraction?

If being written a citation while your charge hits 100%, will you be able to disconnect and move your vehicle to prevent idle charges?
With a bit of poking through state guidelines, it looks like the builder of the charging facility has to put in an ADA compliant parking space(s). But parking spaces with chargers are, first, charging stations, and, second, an accessible parking spot. So not sure why they have the Minimum Fine $250 sign there. Might be useful to ask one of the deputies in the area what the local ordinance is.

My understanding is they are done save for light poles in the parking lot at Pismo. Asphalt and all, but I've not seen a picture of that.

Ours, they've done maybe 20 hours work in the last couple of weeks, it seems like they are going slow intentionally. They didn't even finish the fencing around the equipment. They might be waiting for inspections or something. They re-did the ADA ramp, I suspect someone told them to.