Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Grasonville, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Show the meter after! Hopefully no hail down there, upgraded my weather app to show hail contours...planning evac routes from work now... :)

The after picture in the pouring rain really didn't come out, but either it's set to really big units or I'm not understanding it right, because it showed the same 04 and 000000 when I left. I took about 30 kWh and Joe probably took more - he was still charging when I left.

IMG_0795.JPG

Plan (and will need) to stop there Friday enroute to NJ. Please post if any issues, I will be monitoring the thread. Grasonville is being shown as operational on supercharge.info. Thanks!!

If something goes wrong, there's a pair of CHAdeMO DCFC units in the Queenstown Outlet Malls about 4 miles away on EVGo. I think they have a level 2 there, too. Depending on how close you cut it, Laurel is about 45 miles away. I'd be surprised if you have any problems, though.

Reactions: CHGolferJim
Wonder what needs to happen to have it show on the Tesla side?

Occasionally if they have power quality problems they will wait until those are fixed before updating the website and listing the new supercharger in the navigation system. Rock Springs WY was briefly operational but taken offline for this reason. If you want to use a site that is listed as operational at supercharge.info but isn't officially open as far as Tesla is concerned, then have a backup plan just in case.

Reactions: Thinkje
Occasionally if they have power quality problems they will wait until those are fixed before updating the website and listing the new supercharger in the navigation system. Rock Springs WY was briefly operational but taken offline for this reason. If you want to use a site that is listed as operational at supercharge.info but isn't officially open as far as Tesla is concerned, then have a backup plan just in case.
Interesting, thanks! Good to know why it may not be ready yet for prime time!

If something goes wrong, there's a pair of CHAdeMO DCFC units in the Queenstown Outlet Malls about 4 miles away on EVGo. I think they have a level 2 there, too. Depending on how close you cut it, Laurel is about 45 miles away. I'd be surprised if you have any problems, though.
I also think a number of the Royal Farms gas stations on the Eastern Shore have CHADEMO stations installed. Check plugshare for a good list of locations.

I'll be passing by early tomorrow (Monday) am.
Will post current status update then.....
Navigation in car said 7 of 12 stalls available (I was only car charging).
My guess is 2 pairs are offline.
I received normal charge rate on 3a.

Also, FYI, the guys living in the trailer behind the fence directly behind 6a/6b seem to have a fondness for throwing crab apples over fence into the Supercharger area. I was charging on the low end while they tossed 10-15 over fence on high end.
Stay classy, San Diego.....

Attachments

• IMG_4615.JPG
    IMG_4615.JPG
    276.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4616.JPG
    IMG_4616.JPG
    757.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4617.JPG
    IMG_4617.JPG
    821.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Helpful