Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I charged here twice recently and all was well. Top charging speed reported by the car was about 115 kW and tapered down to ~ 60. Not the fastest I've seen in Greenville but not bad.

I've given up on the Cracker Barrel. Convenient location, but the hostess was rude and took 20 minutes to seat me in an almost empty restaurant. I had to decline and eat a sandwich at Subway. I know there is a labor crisis in hospitality post-Covid, but restaurants are going to have to figure out how to staff up their businesses, even if they have to offer higher wages.

Looks like Tesla is showing this as temporarily closed. I was planning a trip from Raleigh to Spanish Fort, AL and was looking to use this location. Anyone have any details of how long it been closed or any additional information?
Well I have no info unfortunately, but this location has been a misfit before.

If you have the CHADEMO adapter, there's an EA station at that exit. Not ideal, but doable in a pinch.

• Helpful
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Looks like Tesla is showing this as temporarily closed. I was planning a trip from Raleigh to Spanish Fort, AL and was looking to use this location. Anyone have any details of how long it been closed or any additional information?

Plugshare is showing a successful checkin today. Also noticed there is a Tesla destination charger at the Shrimp Basket in Evergreen, AL, and another one available at a lawyer's office in Bay Minette, AL. With a 90kwh battery I'd say charge to near 100% in Montgomery in case you're worried about it not being available, and keep an eye on the Plugshare checkins leading up to your trip.

Quoting from a report in the Atlanta owners group on Facebook:

Heads up for anyone that travels thru and charges in Greenville, AL. (On the way to the beach) the superchargers are down (upgrading the site) for the next 3-5 weeks. I know the app reflects this, but that’s a common stop that has a lot of “regulars.”

I got further clarification that the reporter knew for a fact that utility power to the site had been cut at noon today.

So are they upgrading these to V3/V4? Would be great to add more chargers here - it gets full from time to time.
I don't think we know yet.
In Asheville, NC, they upgraded a site by adding V3's but kept the existing V2's. It would be nice if they added more chargers. I've never seen the back parking lot full so they probably have space.

The app is showing 18 superchargers at 250kW but 0 available yet

Attachments

• B2A65BC0-4DE1-4E74-9CF9-361402AE67B5.jpeg
    B2A65BC0-4DE1-4E74-9CF9-361402AE67B5.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 54
The app is showing 18 superchargers at 250kW but 0 available yet
It says 250 kW max, I would assume they added 12x v3 chargers to the 6x v2 chargers that were already there until we have some pictures of the site that proves otherwise.

So much like other sites that have mixed level of SuperChargers they will probably have the tomahawk signage to designate their speeds (Raleigh, NC they did an expansion and added 12x v3 chargers to the existing 12x v2 chargers and added signs on each).