Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC - Haywood Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to Marco Tesla leaked some locations for new SuC.

This new one in Greenville is apparently off Haywood Road which is where the mall is, but it could be at a random shopping center parking lot on this road also. Lots of parking lot space available so we could see a 16 stall site maybe.

It is 2-3 miles off I-85 up I-385, but it would likely have more amenities than the current Greenville SuC site as well as it being a V3 vs V2. As a local I would much rather drive the 2-3 extra miles to Haywood Road to avoid Woodruff Road at all costs also. It would probably take less time tbh.

I'll take a look around tomorrow and see if there is anything going on yet.

Last edited:
Drove around the mall today and found a fenced off area in a random spot, see pics below. This could be it, but it's hard to say for sure. It's actually not a bad spot as you can walk into the mall to eat and use the bathroom if it's not too late. There is also a Panera right there too. If you wanted to take a little bit of a walk to other places (like Chipotle or Burger King) you easily can as there are sidewalks and street light crossings.

It makes sense logistically as the power is already at the road (see green transformer) and it's very out of the way where no one would ever park even on the busiest of days at the mall. In fact it's not even striped, just an asphalted area.

IMG-0046.jpg

IMG-0047.jpg

IMG-0048.jpg

IMG-0049.jpg

IMG-0050.jpg

Reactions: PStewart
Greenville resident here and frequent visitor to this area of our fair city. This is IMO a much better site than the mall. There are a large number of eating establishments nearby, solving the food desert problem of the other GV supercharger location. Only at rush hour is the traffic really bad, but that's probably true anywhere. The extra distance from I85 will be made up by the faster chargers. If I didn't need food and was traveling on I85, I'd stop in Piedmont or Fair Play, though.

Your weekly Saturday update. Progress continues; I imagine this could be online a month or so from now, depending on utility power on.

I visited the new Spartanburg SuC first, so I came down I-85 and I must say I think this will be a much better option than the current one on Woodruff Rd. It is a V3 vs V2, 12 stalls vs 8 stalls (less likely to be full), avoids all disastrous traffic on Woodruff Rd, a CFA next door vs a hotel, and really not that far from the interstate as it is a pretty easy on/off 1-2 miles away.

BE32EB8C-7DCF-433C-9327-0793F833F4F6.jpeg

3273AB93-54F2-4A9E-908D-963F50D7DC71.jpeg