Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbia, SC - Town Center Place

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to Marco Tesla leaked some locations for new SuC.

This new one in Columbia is further out off the beaten path at the Village of Sandhill. This also likely continues Tesla's latest trend of putting 12 or 16 stall sites in shopping center parking lots.

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
Per Facebook, these looks almost done. Behind the Academy Sports.

730 Fashion Dr, Columbia, SC 29229

@Big Earl @corywright

6E49BDF6-7622-4597-8E54-13A2DBEB57A7.jpeg

Interesting that they decided to place this one so far off the highway. Any new chargers are welcomed though!
Completely agree. Not ideal in my opinion. Off 77, 20 or 26 would have been much better. I'll likely never visit this location, but hope someone gets use out of it. Wish they'd update/replace the ones off 77 in Columbia to be v3. I generally try to skip v2s now.

Reactions: PStewart
I am sure they picked the location because of the food and stores around the place. I agree it is not ideal, but my family will probably use it a half dozen times a year, especially when I have to go to Camden or Darlington. I personally keep my SOC at 60% daily, so sometimes when I have a very crazy workday, I need a little extra juice.

Reactions: PStewart
I am sure they picked the location because of the food and stores around the place. I agree it is not ideal, but my family will probably use it a half dozen times a year, especially when I have to go to Camden or Darlington. I personally keep my SOC at 60% daily, so sometimes when I have a very crazy workday, I need a little extra juice.
Off topic I know, but are you saying you set your charge limit to 60%? As in you plug in at night and wake up to a 60% full battery? If so I have to ask why?

Off topic I know, but are you saying you set your charge limit to 60%? As in you plug in at night and wake up to a 60% full battery? If so I have to ask why?
Lower SOC = better for battery longevity. I charge to 65% daily, use around 20-25% for daily commute, and charge to 90% on Fridays before the weekend as I pretty much charge at work exclusively (free).