Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, in all, there are 30 grey map pins on the NA Supercharger map, after this refresh! Impressive. Just with these completed there will be 530+ supercharges in the world...

On top of that, there is a very good correlation between the gray pins and TMC tracking displayed reflected on supercharge.info

The gray pins not on supercharge.info should be good hints.

As of right now there is no permit, but it has been 6 days since the permit list has been updated. They update it about once a week or whenever they feel like it. The permit list is here:

http://sc-greenville.civicplus.com/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/366

The link will show the latest PDF. The section the permit will show up in is called "Commercial New Other", starts on page 101 as of the last update. I know this because that's where last years permit showed up. You can then plug the permit number into the permit search link here:

Click2Gov Building Permit - Select Permit

Edit:
and for reference, here is the complete 2014 permit list. The supercharger permit is the last permit listed on page 197:
http://sc-greenville.civicplus.com/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/369

Isn't the construction crew from Atlanta? Maybe it is 1500002274?

The "30 MARKET POINT DR" is right where I-85 and I-385 come together in the middle of a shopping area.

True true. Maybe that is the big shipping container of "stuff" that usually shows up?

Grasping at straws :tongue:

The last time around, the tenant name was Tesla Motors, so I'd expect to see that again.

2015-08-01_17-18-01.jpg

Quote:
The new Tesla Supercharger on Carolina Point Parkway off Woodruff Road will introduce even more people to Greenville, though not its Main Street. Tesla has filed a permit with the city to build the charger and is in the revision process, according to city spokeswoman Leslie Fletcher.

see:

Recharge, dine, shop has a new meaning in downtown

seems real ....

That was the old supercharger location that they abandoned. Someone must have gotten some very old info. Or they found the old permit perhaps and thought it was current.

Quote:
The new Tesla Supercharger on Carolina Point Parkway off Woodruff Road will introduce even more people to Greenville, though not its Main Street. Tesla has filed a permit with the city to build the charger and is in the revision process, according to city spokeswoman Leslie Fletcher.

see:

Recharge, dine, shop has a new meaning in downtown

seems real ....

I am not saying this is not where it is going to be. But Carolina Point Parkway is the location where the original SC was being built and then taken back down. Maybe they got a place to put it in the same parking lot, but different area that did not offend the owner of the land behind them.
Trey

- - - Updated - - -

That was the old supercharger location that they abandoned. Someone must have gotten some very old info. Or they found the old permit perhaps and thought it was current.

Exactly what I was typing as you were!! The information though came from a city spokeswoman. I would hope she is up to date on information. I just sent off an e-mail to Mrs. Fletcher who was quoted in the article to see if she has any new information.
Trey

Last edited:
Ahhhhh Yes!! The old 'REVISION PROCESS' !! Start to put a supercharger in.... then... take it out process.. then put it in somewhere nearby with some revisions. Very clever!

May it come to fruition! Please, dear crackling clouds of thunder may it come to fruition.

My Parents are driving their P85 up here from south florida in October. They are coming up for the Clemson vs. Notre Dame football game and they are trying to find a hotel to stay at with a charger. Does anyone have any suggestions for them? Hampton inn downtown is sold out. I know there are a few chargers in the downtown garages, but not sure if they want to spend that much money on a hotel downtown. I would love to hear some feedback from y'all.

Thanks!

Clemson CUICAR has a fast charger.

YES, but I tried to charge there and they have one dual-standard DC Fast Charging station (Chademo and SAE Combo).
I could not charge my Tesla there, you would need a Chademo adapter (which I do not have). I used the J1772 level 2 charger and got 18 miles/hr.

- - - Updated - - -

I just emailed the reporter to inquire and the share the concerns it may be "old" news. will share once she replies.

Nice reporter :) she just replied ... so it seems to be a "GO" :)

"According to the city, that is the current planned location for the Supercharger. Thanks for reading!"