Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Parents are driving their P85 up here from south florida in October. They are coming up for the Clemson vs. Notre Dame football game and they are trying to find a hotel to stay at with a charger. Does anyone have any suggestions for them? Hampton inn downtown is sold out. I know there are a few chargers in the downtown garages, but not sure if they want to spend that much money on a hotel downtown. I would love to hear some feedback from y'all.

Thanks!

I have not stayed here, but have heard good things about them. It's in Anderson, so they would be closer to the stadium. GO TIGERS!
Have them check out:

The Bleckley Inn

• 151 E Church St Anderson, SC 29624
    Driving Directions
  • http://www.bleckleyinn.com/
    • Phone (864) 225-7203
    • Roadside Assistance (877) 798-3752
  • Charging
    1 Tesla Connector, up to 80A.
    Available for patrons only. Please see front desk.

There is some discussion on FB group that the Hilton Garden on Carolina Point Parkway may be the new location. I'm not sure if this is just speculation. There are two Hiltons down the road from The Drury Inn, maybe Hilton wised up to a cash opportunity and will put the SC between their two hotels. Crossing everything, including "crackling clouds of thunder".

Again, I don't know what I'll do with my free time once there is a fast charge in Greenville.

Inquiring Minds Want to Know

This doesn't matter. What's done is done. But I really wanted to know why the first Greenville supercharger site was abandoned. In general, most court documents are public record so I got copies.

Very briefly: The plaintiffs and defendants own adjacent property. The dispute arose out of a restrictive covenant agreement (RCA) applicable to a portion of ground where the two properties meet. The plaintiffs argued that construction of the supercharger violated the RCA, which prohibited the construction of any building that would block the view of their property.

Defendants are owners of the shopping center development (The Point) that includes Whole Foods and REI as anchor stores. They argued that the supercharger is not a building, that parking was a permitted use of the property under the RCA and that it would not block the view of plaintiffs' property. They further argued that installation of the supercharger would enhance the property and rather than damage the plaintiffs, confer a benefit on them.

However, due to the litigation the contract with Tesla was canceled. Plaintiffs and defendants entered into a consent agreement whereby defendants agreed to restore that portion of the parking lot where construction had begun to its prior condition.

Last edited:
This doesn't matter. What's done is done. But I really wanted to know why the first Greenville supercharger site was abandoned. In general, most court documents are public record so I got copies.

Very briefly: The plaintiffs and defendants own adjacent property. The dispute arose out of a restrictive covenant agreement (RCA) applicable to a portion of ground where the two properties meet. The plaintiffs argued that construction of the supercharger violated the RCA, which prohibited the construction of any building that would block the view of their property.

Defendants are owners of the shopping center development (The Point) that includes Whole Foods and REI as anchor stores. They argued that the supercharger is not a building, that parking was a permitted use of the property under the RCA and that and that it would not block the view of plaintiffs' property. They further argued that installation of the supercharger would enhance the property and rather than damage the plaintiffs, confer a benefit on them.

However, due to the litigation the contract with Tesla was canceled. Plaintiffs and defendants entered into a consent agreement whereby defendants agreed to restore that portion of the parking lot where construction had begun to its prior condition.

Thanks for the update. So it really is as stupid as we thought. What an idiotic waste of time and money. Plaintiffs remind me of this

91sn32Q.jpg

Defendants are owners of the shopping center development (The Point) that includes Whole Foods and REI as anchor stores. They argued that the supercharger is not a building, that parking was a permitted use of the property under the RCA and that it would not block the view of plaintiffs' property. They further argued that installation of the supercharger would enhance the property and rather than damage the plaintiffs, confer a benefit on them.

Which property is owned by the plaintiffs?

This is my point exactly. When the defendant is still interested he could just built it at the site completely OR towards a different neighbor... where it does not impact the plaintiff.

Perhaps plantiff and defendant reached an agreement where defendant would remove the original supercharger location (which happened) and plaintiff would not contest a location somewhere else in the same parking lot?

My Parents are driving their P85 up here from south florida in October. They are coming up for the Clemson vs. Notre Dame football game and they are trying to find a hotel to stay at with a charger. Does anyone have any suggestions for them? Hampton inn downtown is sold out. I know there are a few chargers in the downtown garages, but not sure if they want to spend that much money on a hotel downtown. I would love to hear some feedback from y'all.

Thanks!

Absolutely - The Bleckley Inn. We have stayed there for both Clemson graduations, and trips to Atlanta. We've stayed at several of the pricier hotels in Clemson, and inspected several more - there is NOTHING in Clemson as nice as the Bleckley Inn. Plus it's a short walk to several shops and restaurants, not like Clemson where most of the hotels are on major arteries.

Thanks!

Forgot to mention that The Bleckley Inn is a Tesla destination charging location, so it will pop up on their navigation.

I just got word today that Tesla filed for permits in July for Greenville, this is a new application. So the information reported in the media is correct. HOORAY

Greenville city or Greenville county? I'm 100% sure there is no permit for the city of Greenville in the system yet. Only explanation I can think of is that they filed an application and the city hasn't processed it yet. Seems like a long time if it was over a month ago though.

Edit:
Aaaaaaand I'm completely wrong, as usual!

Last edited: