Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Groveland, CA (7 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was the L2 charger in front of the Yosemite Village Store working? When I went last month, it was broken and wouldn't charge my Tesla. The L2 charger and Tesla destination charger at the Ahwahnee were both occupied the whole day by ICE cars. Hotel staff said they called a tow truck but it never came. Are there any other charger options in the valley?
Yes the L2 at the store works with my adapter. Was getting 7kw.

Stopped by Groveland again on my way home from Yosemite, still didn't see another tesla. Drew full power, had a nice lunch at the Mexican restaurant nearby, they were fast! Surprised to only see one other Tesla all weekend at Yosemite, all the ICE idling in traffic in the park made me sad.

20170623_125109.jpg

Stopped by Groveland again on my way home from Yosemite, still didn't see another tesla. Drew full power, had a nice lunch at the Mexican restaurant nearby, they were fast! Surprised to only see one other Tesla all weekend at Yosemite, all the ICE idling in traffic in the park made me sad.

View attachment 232769

I will be heading through and charging pretty soon. As a Mexican food aficionado, I would love the name and your review of the restaurant. Is it something I can crave and look forward to during my hikes?

I will be heading through and charging pretty soon. As a Mexican food aficionado, I would love the name and your review of the restaurant. Is it something I can crave and look forward to during my hikes?

i'm pretty sure i lucked into this place, since we were headed to the bar across the street but it was full so we went here instead. the place is called Cocina Michoacana and has pretty good yelp reviews: Cocina Michoacana - Groveland, CA

i got the tostadas and my wife got the burrito and it was all good. the chips and salsa they provided was really good too. the best part was, we ordered and the food came out in less than 5 minutes! that's good if you just needed a 30-40 minute charge. both AT&T and verizon had poor reception in Groveland so monitoring the car remotely was not possible.

Reactions: McManX
Was the L2 charger in front of the Yosemite Village Store working? When I went last month, it was broken and wouldn't charge my Tesla. The L2 charger and Tesla destination charger at the Ahwahnee were both occupied the whole day by ICE cars. Hotel staff said they called a tow truck but it never came. Are there any other charger options in the valley?
We were up there last November and the Village store and Ahwahnee chargers were the only ones available and it was challenge to stay charged. Now with Groveland and Fish Camp Super Chargers operational, those chargers are not really needed.

No, nothing to crave about.

I went there on my last trip and found it definitely respectable. A pretty decent choice for a meal on a driving trip. The service is fast, so you don't need to linger.

I'm thinking Groveland to Mammoth Lakes, but no one has been able to do that yet since Tioga is still closed.

• Informative
No, nothing to crave about.

I went there on my last trip and found it definitely respectable. A pretty decent choice for a meal on a driving trip. The service is fast, so you don't need to linger.

I'm thinking Groveland to Mammoth Lakes, but no one has been able to do that yet since Tioga is still closed.
Groveland to mammoth is in my plans for many times later this summer

Yes, and I am itching to do that now that I can Supercharge in Groveland. The heavy snowpack is welcome but Tioga Pass is still closed. Waiting...

I went the other way once and it just doesn't compare to Tioga, which is probably my favorite road in the world.
Looking forward to driving on it in August, and hopefully in the Tesla.[/QUOTE

Planning on going day 1 (or weekend one if work is in the way), maybe there will be a TMC convoy

Reactions: Owner
Tioga Road (continuation of Highway 120 through the park) will open on Thursday, June 29, at 8 am! No food, lodging, or gas will be available along the road. Tamarack Flat Campground will be the only open campground (it fills early every day). While the road will be open, hikers should expect snowy and/or flooded conditions on trails. Please stop by the Tuolumne Meadows Wilderness Center (open 8:30 am to 4:30 pm) to get trail conditions before hiking in the area.

No Food, Lodging or Gas-What is Gas?

Tioga Road Open to All Vehicular Traffic June 29 2017 - Yosemite National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

I had reservations in Lee Vining for last weekend.... for me it will be August....

But looks like it is too early to do any real hiking:

Anyone planning to hike or backpack near Tuolumne Meadows and in all high elevation areas of Yosemite should be prepared for winter hiking and camping conditions. Trails are still impacted by snow and ice. River crossings are high and swift moving. There are several high water areas currently impacting the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) and the John Muir Trail (JMT) in Yosemite National Park. Trail conditions may vary at any time.

There will be no drinking water. Visitors should use the vault and portable toilets located along the roadway to help protect water quality in the Tuolumne River watershed.

I took all your advice and drove across Tioga Pass today. Got a range charge in Groveland, drove across to Lee Vining and then back across, toured Yosemite Valley and am now charging at Fish Camp. Arrived with 50 RM to spare. Temps were 60s and 70s most of the way (other than coming out of Groveland which was extremely hot) so I used just a little a/c.

The road was clear and mostly dry. Just a few patches of water from snow melt. There are still snow banks along the road in some of the higher spots. There were even a few places near the east entrance where there was enough snow that people were actually playing in it. There was even a lake that was still about half frozen over. Crazy.

I took all your advice and drove across Tioga Pass today. Got a range charge in Groveland, drove across to Lee Vining and then back across, toured Yosemite Valley and am now charging at Fish Camp. Arrived with 50 RM to spare. Temps were 60s and 70s most of the way (other than coming out of Groveland which was extremely hot) so I used just a little a/c.

The road was clear and mostly dry. Just a few patches of water from snow melt. There are still snow banks along the road in some of the higher spots. There were even a few places near the east entrance where there was enough snow that people were actually playing in it. There was even a lake that was still about half frozen over. Crazy.

Questions:

1. Actual mileage driven?
2. Pack size?
3. What is your full range charge in mileage?
4. Lake - was that Tioga or one of the lakes near Lee Vining?

i'm pretty sure i lucked into this place, since we were headed to the bar across the street but it was full so we went here instead. the place is called Cocina Michoacana and has pretty good yelp reviews: Cocina Michoacana - Groveland, CA

i got the tostadas and my wife got the burrito and it was all good. the chips and salsa they provided was really good too. the best part was, we ordered and the food came out in less than 5 minutes! that's good if you just needed a 30-40 minute charge. both AT&T and verizon had poor reception in Groveland so monitoring the car remotely was not possible.

Have been to this place before, I agree good stuff! recommended if you like Mexican food.

Will be back when we head to PML in August!

• Informative
Reactions: McManX and nikeykid