TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Gympie QLD

Discussion in 'Australia' started by bigbones, Nov 1, 2019.

1. bigbones

bigbones Member

Does anyone have any more info on when this is coming online? Tesla's site just says "2019" and that is apparently delayed from "2018".

2. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Anything known will usually be on supercharge.info. I often check council websites occasionally to see if there are any development applications which are relevant: Gympie is at Home - Gympie Regional Council but I haven't checked it for a while.

• Helpful x 1
  3. bigbones

bigbones Member

Absolutely no info on either of those, sadly. I will keep checking, thanks for the pointers.

• Like x 1
  4. philupandgo

philupandgo New Member

The Tesla FindUs map today lists Gympie as available, but the alphabetic list doesn't yet. If not an error, that would make three new sites this year including nearby Toowoomba and Camberwell in suburban Melbourne. Plus one replacement site on the north shore of Sydney.

• Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  5. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Wow! I had a browser tab with the "findus" map open from earlier in the day, so I scrolled over to Gympie and it was grey. Refreshed the page and there it was! No-one had spotted this, it popped up out of nowhere!

Brilliant find @philupandgo!

upload_2020-4-6_18-8-4.png

upload_2020-4-6_18-8-49.png

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  6. moa999

moa999 Member

#6 moa999, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    Pic on centre website. In the underground part of the carpark, access on Nash St.
    SuperCharger Tesla Goldfields Plaza Gympie

Not sure if the 24/7 statement in the Tesla app will be correct

Manager CHP Management also has a bunch of small centres in Melbourne

• Like x 1
  7. MC3OZ

MC3OZ Active Member

I was going to try this with A Better Routeplanner, the web browser version seems broken is it working for you?

8. OzVic

OzVic Member

I thought Tesla made it a condition of installing Superchargers that they're available 24/7.

9. MarcoRP

MarcoRP @MontrealTesla

A PlugShare had the unlucky experience of going to this Supercharger at 9 pm (down under time) and finding the garage closed. Can anyone post the garage hours so that I can update Supercharge Info accordingly? E4D84ED2-3063-4A98-BA6D-D5C8B45C87A7.jpeg 3908141B-E1B8-4648-B5CD-C39D3364FA3C.jpeg

10. ARMARM

ARMARM Member

I've contacted them through Facebook messenger ... awaiting a response. There's no mention of car park hours on their website, only trading hours for the centre.

11. kansatred

kansatred New Member

I have emailed the Plaza management and received a reply that they are looking at other options regarding 24/7 access. Presently the carpark is closed from 9pm until 7am.

• Informative x 3
  12. Grenadine

Grenadine Member

Wtf. Why would Tesla agree to this?