Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hamilton, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by this morning and had a fun conversation with the ladies behind the counter. They confirmed that charging stations are in the work, even though one commented that "it's stupid" and "we don't see many of those cars coming through here". She remembered some people came around in October and examined the site, but she didn't know if they decided to put the stations on the south side of the lot or on the west side abutting the highway.

I recalled that I used to sometimes see a Nissan Leaf plugged into an outlet at the back of the store during the day. One of the ladies didn't remember, but the other recalled that it was somebody on the Subway crew.

Other points. . . As others have noted, there's a Bush's Chicken across the street, and a less obvious Giovanni's Italian place behind the CEFCO. Wenzel Lonestar Meat (and deli!) is right around the corner, and both China Wok and El Jardin are one more block past that.

Also, Hamilton County Electrical Coop is next door to CEFCO, and the electrical substation that powers the whole town is on the corner behind that, probably about 150 yards from the CEFCO. Which I suppose might explain why this location was an obvious choice.

Had lunch at Giovanni's on 1/27 en route to Austin from FW. Chicken marsala was good; a bit different as it came buried in ziti vs. linguini. CEFCO in 2nd photo; no construction yet. Restroom was pretty clean...I've seen far worse. I'm looking forward to this supercharger going online, as it would reduce fairly close shaves like I had yesterday driving home from Cedar Park supercharger to FW in below freezing Temps with a stiff headwind.

IMG_3511.jpeg
IMG_3510.jpeg

Drove through on my way to Waco (from Abilene) and can't see any signs of work yet. I walked around and I'm not quite sure where they are going to put the chargers. There isn't really any "existing" parking that would make sense to convert. So maybe they are going to create new parking or convert bare pavement somewhere along the edge to parking?

• Informative
Reactions: ggies07
Drove through on my way to Waco (from Abilene) and can't see any signs of work yet.
Don't worry, I'm on this. That store is only a couple of miles from my home, so I'll try to swing around there every day or so. When work begins, you'll know.

And no. . . I don't see where they're going to put the pedestals either. Up against the highway might work, but might make space tight with the gas pumps. The other option is the south side, close to the church, but would seem to get in the way of the drive-through pumps for diesel trucks. There's also a little driveway between the church and a lot that has only a storage building and some mysterious ruins, which might be ideal, but I don't know who that lot belongs to. The church? The CEFCO? Someone else? It's where I would put the chargers, if that space is available.

I had a brief moment of excitement when I saw traffic cones in the parking lot at the CEFCO store. It looks like TNMP (Texas-New Mexico Power) cut out some concrete, did some sort of work, and then refilled the space with fresh concrete. However, I'm sure it was only related to replacing the electricity pole across the street. They've been replacing poles and stabilizing the bases of poles all over town.

• Informative
Reactions: CarlS