Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hamilton, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And the pre-fab modules are here!
IMGP0139.jpg

IMGP0159.jpg

The speed that this is coming together amazes me.

Today a big portion of the Rent-A-Fence has been taken down. However, work has ground to a halt. When I went by yesterday and today, the crew were on site, but they were sitting on the ground taking siesta. They're obviously waiting on something else to arrive before they can proceed any further.

I didn't ask them, but if I had to take a guess I would say the main transformer. An electrician friend told me that ordinary pole transformers are scarce now, and there are "no spares" for larger transformers.

• Informative
Reactions: Twiglett and CarlS
Glad it does look like it will be paved. Can't wait for this one to be open... Will be by far the most coinvent for my constant trips to the Waco/Temple/Kileen area.

Going straight from Abilene to those cities pushes the limits of my range (especially coming back) and if I had any issues mid trip or really bad weather, I might have a problem. Currently, If I want to play it safe, I currently have to route through Cisco which is quite a detour.

All the asphalt was laid down, looks good. They even filled in that big chug hole at the corner that the city never seemed to get around to. About half of the white traffic and stall markings were painted, so most likely that will be finished in the morning.

A lot of electrical work was done in the cabinets, and colorful, thick cables pulled through the conduits. I have been told that the main transformer has to be supplied by the utility, so I guess that will be the very last thing.

Reactions: CarlS
All the asphalt was laid down, looks good. They even filled in that big chug hole at the corner that the city never seemed to get around to. About half of the white traffic and stall markings were painted, so most likely that will be finished in the morning.

A lot of electrical work was done in the cabinets, and colorful, thick cables pulled through the conduits. I have been told that the main transformer has to be supplied by the utility, so I guess that will be the very last thing.
After the transformer (or along with it) will be a meter. Then the transformer and meter need to be wired to the Tesla equipment (spotting the transformer and wiring it may or may not be the same people). Then inspections from a few people (paving/mechanical/electrical contractors (perhaps), city electrical, landscaping, others), power to the meter. And a Tesla tech to come from somewhere and validate each stall and commission the site. Everybody has their own schedule with their own priorities and distractions. This could all happen in a day or could be a month or more.

There's room for optimism but also room for toe tapping.

• Helpful
Reactions: CarlS
After the transformer (or along with it) will be a meter. Then the transformer and meter need to be wired to the Tesla equipment (spotting the transformer and wiring it may or may not be the same people). Then inspections from a few people (paving/mechanical/electrical contractors (perhaps), city electrical, landscaping, others), power to the meter. And a Tesla tech to come from somewhere and validate each stall and commission the site. Everybody has their own schedule with their own priorities and distractions. This could all happen in a day or could be a month or more.
Thanks, I figured there must be a procedure something like that. I know from past experience that Supercharger stations are sometimes completed for A While before everything is signed off and the switch is thrown.

This morning I went by and saw them finishing up those white paint markings.

Reactions: CarlS and XHabjab
Today a contractor with a bucket truck came and ran conduit up the utility pole, and thick cables which are now danging in the air up there, ready to be connected when the time is right. At the other end of the station now can be seen the small electrical box with the round receptacle where a meter will fit.
Thanks for the continued updates. Anxiously waiting for it to come online.

Reactions: Talmen