Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hardeeville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Makes sense but then again if there are issues with one, how can you easily identify 'em? Hmm hopefully they will still label them
I saw this on a photo of the Pismo Beach Supercharger. I think Tesla is now identifying the Superchargers by number from underneath the plug holster.

So interestingly enough I contacted Parker’s a week or so ago asking them to work with Tesla to install a SC in Charleston. The response I got said Parker’s is considering Charleston “and other” locations with Tesla. Guess he felt like he couldn’t say anything about Hardeeville at the time but this is great news and very encouraging. Hopefully Tesla and Parker’s will install a SC in Charleston this year. Parker’s is quickly moving up my list of places I will spend money.
Man I will personally start a Parker's fan club and just send them donations if they also facilitate a supercharger somewhere on I-26 in interior South Carolina.

Great find! How did this one fly under the radar so long? This is a massive step up for East Coast route 95 travel. When we drove to Florida in 2019 for spring break the Santee to Kingsland leg was a long stretch. Now we need another SC between Savannah and Kingsland.

Seems to be a strong rumor that they are building one near Brunswick, GA. While not halfway b/t Hardeeville and Kingsland it would certainly reduce the gap.

Supercharger - Brunswick GA

Are there any restaurants near this Parker's? One of the most disappointing aspects of supercharging for me has been the lack of food choices near the superchargers. For example, even Kingsland is in a terrible place because you can't start charging and then walk to a restaurant. If you want to eat, you have to go grab your food first, and eat while charging. That's not terrible, but last time I charged in Kingsland, it took 20 minutes to get Chick Fil A (even ordering ahead with the app). If the car was charging during the 20 minute wait, I couldn't care less. But those 20 minutes are just wasted. The whole thing with charging taking longer than pumping gas is that by the time you eat and use the restroom, your car would be finished or almost finished charging. But when you have to add even more time to the charge time, it can really add significant minutes to your trip.

I've had a Tesla now for 4 years. When Tesla first started (really) making cars in 2012/2013, and even up until 2016 or 2017 where they were still just trying to cover all routes, I accepted these inconvenient locations realizing what the goal was, and accepting that Tesla was doing the best they could (ie, the Savannah Airport supercharger). But now, as Tesla is starting to improve the network moreso than build it out, I really wish they would consider these locations carefully and ensure that each future location has 24 hour access to bathrooms, and at least one or 2 options for food. Another example of a poorly located supercharger is Lake City, FL. Where do you use the restroom? What about when it is 2am?

Please don't think I am complaining or unhappy that Parker's is doing this. I will ALWAYS drive a Tesla (unless a batter EV comes along). But many people simply won't ever accept this much inconvenience when traveling. I can tell you that I could have sold 10 Teslas if the charging situation were better (not necessarily faster), just in better locations. I really think Tesla is at the point where they can be a little more picky about the sites they choose for superchargers. Bathrooms (clean and safely accessed), at a minimum, should be a requirement. And yes, I know this Parker's meets that minimum.

Are there any restaurants near this Parker's? One of the most disappointing aspects of supercharging for me has been the lack of food choices near the superchargers. For example, even Kingsland is in a terrible place because you can't start charging and then walk to a restaurant. If you want to eat, you have to go grab your food first, and eat while charging. That's not terrible, but last time I charged in Kingsland, it took 20 minutes to get Chick Fil A (even ordering ahead with the app). If the car was charging during the 20 minute wait, I couldn't care less. But those 20 minutes are just wasted. The whole thing with charging taking longer than pumping gas is that by the time you eat and use the restroom, your car would be finished or almost finished charging. But when you have to add even more time to the charge time, it can really add significant minutes to your trip.

I've had a Tesla now for 4 years. When Tesla first started (really) making cars in 2012/2013, and even up until 2016 or 2017 where they were still just trying to cover all routes, I accepted these inconvenient locations realizing what the goal was, and accepting that Tesla was doing the best they could (ie, the Savannah Airport supercharger). But now, as Tesla is starting to improve the network moreso than build it out, I really wish they would consider these locations carefully and ensure that each future location has 24 hour access to bathrooms, and at least one or 2 options for food. Another example of a poorly located supercharger is Lake City, FL. Where do you use the restroom? What about when it is 2am?

Please don't think I am complaining or unhappy that Parker's is doing this. I will ALWAYS drive a Tesla (unless a batter EV comes along). But many people simply won't ever accept this much inconvenience when traveling. I can tell you that I could have sold 10 Teslas if the charging situation were better (not necessarily faster), just in better locations. I really think Tesla is at the point where they can be a little more picky about the sites they choose for superchargers. Bathrooms (clean and safely accessed), at a minimum, should be a requirement. And yes, I know this Parker's meets that minimum.
There is a Waffle House adjacent to the parking lot.

Seems to be a strong rumor that they are building one near Brunswick, GA. While not halfway b/t Hardeeville and Kingsland it would certainly reduce the gap.

Thanks for the link! Something i

Thanks for the link, Brunswick if near 95 would be great to get one in that stretch. Last spring break we drove from DC area to Winterhaven, Fla, via Orlando, in our Model 3 mid-range and Santee to Kingsland super charger (~207 miles) was the only tight stretch, love the Po’Boy at Clark’s in Santee while we charged up to 100% also found a nice take out BBQ spot in Kingsland, will still have to hit those next time.

• Informative
Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
What is the "Parkers Kitchen"? Assuming its inside the Parkers Gas station. Is that fried fast food items or just what? I've never stopped into Hardeeville but I am traveling to Hilton Head Island often.

Honestly, it's very bottom of the barrel, processed, and fried food. My college age kids eat their sometimes, but it really isn't something I'd recommend - though I once had my daughter bring me the Breakfast Bowl and it was pretty dang good - eggs, bacon, and cheddar cheese all mixed up in a cup - thought I was going to have a heart attack after I ate it though.

And just for an FYI. It's nothing like Wawa or Sheetz - there are no sandwich options, or any grilled food whatsoever. Tata logs and fried chicken - that's all you need to know.

Will be checking this supercharger out on the way to Florida the 27th of June. Will be first time at a V3 and our first long road trip in the M3P. Was not super excited about going to the airport supercharger so this will be nice! Headed to St Augustine for a few days.

Thanks for the link! Something i

Thanks for the link, Brunswick if near 95 would be great to get one in that stretch. Last spring break we drove from DC area to Winterhaven, Fla, via Orlando, in our Model 3 mid-range and Santee to Kingsland super charger (~207 miles) was the only tight stretch, love the Po’Boy at Clark’s in Santee while we charged up to 100% also found a nice take out BBQ spot in Kingsland, will still have to hit those next time.

Only 114 miles between hardeville and kingsland, should be pretty easy now i would think.