Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Haubstadt, IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ended call!!! WE HAVE PERMITS AND APPROVAL!!!
Great, thanks for the update. BTW, all of that was just for the planning approval. The "permit" that they have now is just an application for a building permit, which hasn't yet been approved. They'll still need to get sign offs from the building department on the plans before construction could theoretically start. For superchargers, this generally takes anywhere from 1 to 4 months (though occasionally longer).

For anyone interested, the "View Application Information" page includes a link to download a copy of the site plans. They show the exact location of the supercharger, which will be in the parking spaces to the south of the convenience store and immediately north of the car wash.

@MarcoRP @corywright pin should be moved to: 38.159762, -87.551955 google maps link

Haubstadt, IN_plans.png

Great, thanks for the update. BTW, all of that was just for the planning approval. The "permit" that they have now is just an application for a building permit, which hasn't yet been approved. They'll still need to get sign offs from the building department on the plans before construction could theoretically start. For superchargers, this generally takes anywhere from 1 to 4 months (though occasionally longer).

For anyone interested, the "View Application Information" page includes a link to download a copy of the site plans. They show the exact location of the supercharger, which will be in the parking spaces to the south of the convenience store and immediately north of the car wash.

@MarcoRP @corywright pin should be moved to: 38.159762, -87.551955 google maps link

View attachment 666573
Oh no! So, no one will be able to charge while the car wash is being used for fear of being electrocuted?! 😆

Could anyone local swing by to see if construction has started? I'll be visiting EVV later this summer, and it would be INCREDIBLE to not have to rely on a hotel 110v outlet to recharge once I arrive...
I actually drove by there yesterday on a work trip. No construction or any sort of signs of construction has started. No markings on ground, flags or anything of the sort. Its a super nice spot the gas station inside is really nice, clean restrroms, a little gift shop area, all very clean and modern.

Reactions: mociaf9 and sTv0
I actually drove by there yesterday on a work trip. No construction or any sort of signs of construction has started. No markings on ground, flags or anything of the sort. Its a super nice spot the gas station inside is really nice, clean restrroms, a little gift shop area, all very clean and modern.
They are looking at contractors, will find out Tuesday 🤞

I'm also looking for information on this as I have in-laws in Evansville. They're installing a 50A outlet for me, but I can't seem to get them to make it a priority. Currently scheduled to get my Model 3 in less than 3 weeks and have no real way of charging it down there.

I found that Tesla does own property in Gibson County as of 2017 (Elberfeld is in Warrick county to the east) but it appears to be a manufacturing facility and is a 15-20 minute drive from the nearest exits on I-69 or I-64.

My guess is that it will have to be near the Loves/Flying J/Pilot stop on I-64/US-41 (also Gibson county) several miles to the west of Elberfeld itself, however I've reached the limit of my Internet sleuthing skills.

Edit: I also found this tweet by Elon yesterday. Hopefully more information to come.
I am from Evansville and discovered that it is essentially a dead zone down there for electric vehicles. There is a National Golf Course in Newburgh that has two Tesla destination chargers that can be used by Tesla drivers during normal business hours. I charged by car overnight at a Solar Power Company off Divison Street but did not feel safe leaving it unattended and slept in the car overnight. My brother on E Washington Street put in a 50A 220V charging outlet in his garage. I park my car in his garage and charge it overnight so that I can get a complete charge without having to worry about my car. I am sure that he would make it available to others for a reasonable price if people were hard up for a charge.

I'm making this trip tomorrow (southern IL thru Mt Vernon to Louisville and on to southern MD). I have some trepidation but the weather looks a bit more favorable than it could be - high 80's and scattered showers. Going to charge to 99% at Mt Vernon. I will start off at posted speed limits and monitor the Energy app, once I get some data I'm confident I'll be able to get out of the slow lane and move with the traffic. I'll let the car tell me how to drive. But having this SC would change my trip planning considerably. I could skip Mt Vernon and Louisville and go to Lexington for our lunch stop.

I am from Evansville and discovered that it is essentially a dead zone down there for electric vehicles. There is a National Golf Course in Newburgh that has two Tesla destination chargers that can be used by Tesla drivers during normal business hours. I charged by car overnight at a Solar Power Company off Divison Street but did not feel safe leaving it unattended and slept in the car overnight. My brother on E Washington Street put in a 50A 220V charging outlet in his garage. I park my car in his garage and charge it overnight so that I can get a complete charge without having to worry about my car. I am sure that he would make it available to others for a reasonable price if people were hard up for a charge.
There are a few hotels with Level 2 chargers around town. Also, a few level 2 chargers downtown in the public parking garages (for low daily fee). I can’t wait for this SC to open up, none the less. Ha

Reactions: Swtwsws6
There are a few hotels with Level 2 chargers around town. Also, a few level 2 chargers downtown in the public parking garages (for low daily fee). I can’t wait for this SC to open up, none the less. Ha
Just got my 1st work assignment in the area that Ill be travelign to from STL, not looking forward to it but Ill make it. Ill defintly have to utilize one of the level 2 chargers for an hour or more to give me the spare juice to make it back to mt vernon Supercharger. Cant wait for this one to finally get going.

Reactions: TexasDuke
Over the Independence Day weekend, we took a trip from our home in southern IL to visit our kids in southern MD, we took the I-64 route, so we had to get from Mt Vernon to Louisville. We made it with range to spare probably because of all the construction and a little judicial drafting behind some trucks for the first 20 or 30 minutes of the 3-hour trip. This is a snapshot from our trip home:

Some details:
July 6th
2020 Model Y LR AWD
SoC upon departure from Louisville Town Center SCer 99%
Tires aired to 43 COLD running at 46
No Aero Caps
OAT 91 degrees
HVAC set to Auto and 72 degrees
TACC set to 5 over posted (max speed)
Arrival SoC on the GOM was 19% at departure it predicted 12% upon arrival in Mt Vernon, so we made range.
HcoZcmX.jpg

The data was almost identical on the eastern trip on June 30th, the only difference was we charged to 95%

So essentially it took 55 kW to go 199.3 miles (plug to plug) in hot and humid temps. From everything I've read my Y has a 75.x kW battery with 72.x available kW.

We will be making this trip again in Sept, Nov, Dec, and Jan. I hope by Nov the new SCer is operational as the winter range will be iffy. This new SCer will allow us to go from our home directly to it and bypass Mt Vernon and Louisville and take our lunch break there before heading east.

I hope this helps folks until this new V3 goes operational in the coming months.

Just got my 1st work assignment in the area that Ill be travelign to from STL, not looking forward to it but Ill make it. Ill defintly have to utilize one of the level 2 chargers for an hour or more to give me the spare juice to make it back to mt vernon Supercharger. Cant wait for this one to finally get going.
I’m a fan of TownePlace Suites by Marriott Evansville Newburgh.

Reactions: jackhodges