Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hood River, OR - Anchor Way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Hood River Anchor Way Supercharger has more convenient access from I-84, either direction. It showed up on my car and phone app today.

Plug in, walk 100 ft and you are on the Columbia River, coffee shops, brew pubs, restaurants, bathrooms, swimming beach and various wind sports launch sites. Miles of paved walking paths along the river both east and west, gorgeous views. Downtown HR is a 5 minute walk.

The Cascade Ave location is in a supermarket parking lot, fast food, small strip mall. It is a busy local road and location, and awkward access to the freeway.

Hood River has had 24 Supercharger stalls installed in two locations, in 13-14 months!

We visited the new Anchor Way Supercharger this weekend with our Model 3. I understand the wheel curbing comment. In my opinion, it pertains to entering the charging area from the east- not actually backing into the chargers. The entrance seems un-necessarily tight, and you pretty much have to do a 90 deg turn from a tight parking lot lane into a tight entrance into the Supercharger area. I was the only one there and was a bit nervous. Had the east 3-4 stalls been occupied (where it's curved), it will be even worse navigating between the curbs. Entering from the west is much more open. From the parking lot, just go past the 1st entrance into the Superchargers and head to the far end/corner. Much easier to enter. I can see this becoming the official flow of traffic in the future with painted arrows. My 2 cents.

By the way, Stoked and Ferment were top notch! This is probably the only time that I've ever felt that my Supercharging session was too short.

We visited the new Anchor Way Supercharger this weekend with our Model 3. I understand the wheel curbing comment. In my opinion, it pertains to entering the charging area from the east- not actually backing into the chargers. The entrance seems un-necessarily tight, and you pretty much have to do a 90 deg turn from a tight parking lot lane into a tight entrance into the Supercharger area. I was the only one there and was a bit nervous. Had the east 3-4 stalls been occupied (where it's curved), it will be even worse navigating between the curbs. Entering from the west is much more open. From the parking lot, just go past the 1st entrance into the Superchargers and head to the far end/corner. Much easier to enter. I can see this becoming the official flow of traffic in the future with painted arrows. My 2 cents.

By the way, Stoked and Ferment were top notch! This is probably the only time that I've ever felt that my Supercharging session was too short.
Thanks for the advice on entry to the site and clarifying earlier comments.

It's showing online in Tesla mobile app and on Tesla.com/findus

View attachment 898042
It's showing online in Tesla mobile app and on Tesla.com/findus

View attachment 898042
So the Safeway location is only shown in the app and not on the website? The Anchor Way location was need today because the Safeway location was closed for 9 hours, due to police activity in the area. Shooting suspect in custody after hours-long standoff in Hood River home, evacuations lifted

Attachments

• 6F89880E-4A90-4488-9D01-BC3E45B3FD0C.png
    6F89880E-4A90-4488-9D01-BC3E45B3FD0C.png
    479.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf

The plans show that it’s a one way, enter on the west and exit on the east.

Attachments

• 4118087A-3DF2-496E-9729-6655313FEC44.jpeg
    4118087A-3DF2-496E-9729-6655313FEC44.jpeg
    264.6 KB · Views: 46
The plans show that it’s a one way, enter on the west and exit on the east.
Good find! I hadn't seen this plan, and the directional arrows aren't there yet in real live- but it was certainly intuitive, as I came up with this as a recommended way in for my post above. This does highlight the curb rub spot visually. Since the arrows aren't there, you instinctively want to take the first (east) location. This is barely 1 car wide. Going all the way down to the corner (west end) is much wider. I hope they put in the actual arrows down on the asphalt, or some kind of signage- which would help quite a bit. Thanks!

Very well said. I frequent the SCs near Safeway and have been using the new Anchor Way SCs since they were operational. The first time that I pulled in I had to roll my windows down (tinted and it was late at night) to make sure that I didn't curb my wheels. It's not an issue once you know the layout, but poor design indeed.

Funny enough my avatar pic was taken at the Anchor Way SC. 😄