Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger- Houston, TX - Northwest Freeway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Overhead power is now to the site, but GC must have not followed CenterPoint's specs as they are reworking the conduit (for primary feeders to transformer) up the pole. I'm guessing once CenterPoint likes what they see onsite, the transformer will be set.
Rework of primary feeder conduits complete

Attachments

• 20180720_104203.jpg
    20180720_104203.jpg
    630.6 KB · Views: 123
At 300 kVa with this number of stalls there must be some throttling going on with more that 4 to 5 cars charging.
Do you think they will build the fence before it is turned on?
It will be inspected by one or more parties, wired, inspected again, fence built, maybe that inspected, tested and stall numbers added by Tesla. Maybe the concrete, conduit or something else has to be redone first.

Then it's "commissioned", the breaker turned on and it is added to the map in your car.

Each of these steps will take 1 to 10 days. Plus or minus.

All wiring appears to be complete (or at the least, in place) as you can tell from the photo and assume by the absence of the shipping container where the "house" wire was stored.

Transformer is not hot as the fuse for each phase (or main feeder wire) is not in place. The metercan has yet to be installed by the GC...to which Centerpoint will insert the meter and energize the transformer.

Attachments

• 20180806_112203.jpg
    20180806_112203.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 128
No, they are still dead...
So, being the optimist that I am, I went there anyhow. Not live yet. :(

As we were backing into a stall, a security guard walked up, arriving before I got out of the car. Instead of the anticipated "why are you here" stuff, he said the restaurant thought the stalls might be live, and wanted me to test them. We exchanged the usual "nice car" and "how much does charging cost"... but alas, I had to depart in search of Plan B to get me home.

"An optimist is never pleasantly surprised. A pessimist is never disappointed."