Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Indianapolis (Capital Avenue), IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New 12 stall urban supercharger has just popped up as open!

upload_2019-3-20_14-58-41.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-20_14-58-32.png
    upload_2019-3-20_14-58-32.png
    450.2 KB · Views: 140
Any details to it posted anywhere? I was right next door last Saturday with my MS75D. I wish I would have known to check it out.
The Indy building permit portal has some docs on it. It looks like the stalls are on the first floor of the garage, right by the entrance from Maryland St. The garage itself is on the SE corner of Capitol Ave. and Maryland St.

Someone on Plugshare uploaded a picture with the "parking" rates for Tesla charging (a bit of a discount on the garage's normal parking rates):

Indy_rates.jpg

A user on PlugShare has uploaded some photos of this SC. Unlike the address of the Supercharger, they are located right after the gate on Maryland Street and the exit is on S Capitol Ave (I think). As you can see in the first photo, this Parkade is located just before the mall.
52C0832D-8316-433C-BBCC-E63DC181929B.jpeg
3E234F13-F26D-44E8-BB9A-90D7CF90CF0E.jpeg
5F9C63E1-CCF3-4208-86F3-33C983ACFC23.jpeg
207612CE-1363-46C6-B710-BE5ECCA59F7C.jpeg

The parking rates are some of the most expensive I have seen in Indianapolis.

If anyone is parking downtown for more than just a quick charge, there are a number of destination chargers around town at much cheaper prices. I also use the BluIndy parking sports that provide $2/hour street parking but only 210v @ 20amp.

Disappointing for sure. The days of free parking for Supercharging are over. Why would they...

Certainly there are some more public areas that would have worked out better. Too bad there is not a Meijer downtown!

I was hoping for a location more convenient to the interstates. Indy is the Crossroads of America and none of the Superchargers are very convenient to the I-65/I-70/I-69 nexus. I-74 on the south side (and I-65 slightly less so) is well-covered, that's it.

Disappointing for sure. The days of free parking for Supercharging are over. Why would they...

Certainly there are some more public areas that would have worked out better. Too bad there is not a Meijer downtown!

I was hoping for a location more convenient to the interstates. Indy is the Crossroads of America and none of the Superchargers are very convenient to the I-65/I-70/I-69 nexus. I-74 on the south side (and I-65 slightly less so) is well-covered, that's it.

I agree the pay-to-park charging sucks. They just did the same thing in downtown Columbus, OH supercharger as well - in a pay parking garage.

I’ve driven cross country South to North with my Model X and there are some downtown superchargers here and there where you can get free parking/charging. I did an airport longterm parking lot somewhere for about 45 minutes (first 45 minutes free parking!) and the one in downtown Atlanta was also free at least at the time I went (1am?). I just work around it if I can. For example I’m going to Columbus, OH in the next month. I’ll just hit the beltway supercharger (at a Meijer) which is just a little out of my way.

Most of the Indianapolis chargers are free parking. The Fishers parking garage supercharger is free parking, the Carmel Meijer supercharger is free parking, and the South Indianapolis supercharger in the hotel parking lot is also free.

• Informative
Reactions: CoolSilver
Free parking at a Supercharger at an airport? Must have been Chattanooga out of the way, but free parking - they really need one closer to the I-24/I-75 interchange.

I charge at the Carmel Supercharger when visiting my parents since my mobile charger won’t work there (ground fault). Downtown would have been a little closer and on the way home to Nashville. If I need to stop, I’ll stop at the south, but downtown would have been more fun for the kids.

I would have used the one in Fishers except only 72 kW. Why Urban versions near an Interstate?

How about one at the Edinburgh outlet mall?

I would have used the one in Fishers except only 72 kW. Why Urban versions near an Interstate?

Seems very common for parking garages to use the 72kw. Of all the ones in parking garages I’ve used, only ones in the Atlanta garage were the full 120kw. You could tell they did some serious concrete work to run the electrical and put in the full-sized superchargers.

I was also excited to see this new option popup. I'm a little annoyed at the parking fees. I was surprised to hear this is a "discount" on parking. For Indy, these prices seem high. I'll admit I'm not familiar with that garage though.

Just FYI - There are Tesla wall changers (destination charging) located in the Union Station parking garage on Meridian street next to Brother's Bar and Grill (S Meridian St, Indianapolis, IN 46225). I tend to park there during Pacer's games, Colts games, or if we go to dinner downtown.

I was also excited to see this new option popup. I'm a little annoyed at the parking fees. I was surprised to hear this is a "discount" on parking. For Indy, these prices seem high. I'll admit I'm not familiar with that garage though.

Just FYI - There are Tesla wall changers (destination charging) located in the Union Station parking garage on Meridian street next to Brother's Bar and Grill (S Meridian St, Indianapolis, IN 46225). I tend to park there during Pacer's games, Colts games, or if we go to dinner downtown.

Merchants garage also has them and it's also close to Bankers Life.

What are you talking about? This garage is less than a mile from three I-70 on ramps. Two of them going east and one west. If you go east on I-70, you can be on I-65 either south or north in less than two minutes.

Reactions: Ciaopec
What are you talking about? This garage is less than a mile from three I-70 on ramps. Two of them going east and one west. If you go east on I-70, you can be on I-65 either south or north in less than two minutes.
Ah, I had the location visualized further north. I worked at Lilly at the corporate center a long time ago, stones throw from there. But I lived near downtown and rarely got on the interstate from there.

I still don’t like paying to Supercharge. I have free Supercharging, but doesn’t help much if I have to pay to park AND it’s an urban charger only a mile off I-70. Lots to do downtown, but won’t help those that just want to stop, charge and move on.

Last edited:
I still don’t like paying to Supercharge. I have free Supercharging, but doesn’t help much if I have to pay to park AND it’s an urban charger only a mile off I-70. Lots to do downtown, but won’t help those that just want to stop, charge and move on.

I couldn't agree more. I have free supercharging and will never utilize them either. A supercharger is located in Beech Grove, less than a ten minute drive, and La Quinta doesn't charge you to park. If you like Steak 'N Shake, Pizza Hut, Mickey D's, Fujiyama Steak House and Starbucks, you're in luck. If you're looking for something to do other than eat while charging, Lowe's and WalMart is nearby if you call that entertainment?