Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ithaca, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Attention!! Now that Ithaca finally has its Supercharger, we should celebrate it! I've gone ahead and created a Tesla Owners Club New York State event just for the occasion:

Ithaca Supercharger (Belated) Grand Opening + Breakfast

Everyone's invited 9:00 Saturday morning, August 10 to meet at the new Supercharger. We'll have a "Grand Opening Ceremony" and have breakfast together afterward.

Click the link above for more details and to sign up (gives me an idea of numbers to expect).

This thread made it into the local news! Check it out here on the Ithaca Voice :)

Screen%20Shot%202019-08-08%20at%202.42.25%20PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP and JRP3
We charged there several times this weekend. We must have just missed the group Saturday morning. We arrived at 10:30 and no one was there.

BTW don't look for Hobby Lobby as a landmark. They went out of business on Sunday and we watched workmen remove the sign on the building as we were charging.

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3
Does anyone else have the issue that the number of available stalls for the Ithaca Supercharger doesn't show up in the "Nearby Superchargers" part of the Tesla mobile app?

Attachments

• D0D3B0C0-C859-46FC-BFDB-AED545E8E88F_1_102_o.jpeg
    D0D3B0C0-C859-46FC-BFDB-AED545E8E88F_1_102_o.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 76
This thread made it into the local news! Check it out here on the Ithaca Voice :)

Screen%20Shot%202019-08-08%20at%202.42.25%20PM.png
Interesting that the article states will only benefit wealthy tourists. Undergraduate enrollment 24,000 cost to attend 57,000 dollars. Cost of model3 38,000. Of course many students get financial aid but for population of students who usually rent (house, apartment or dorm) many will buy the cars now that they can charge them. It’s a worthwhile investment by the company. For what I remember of the community (I graduated 40 years ago) it’s a well educated community and am surprised the article was written by a very short sighted person.

• Love
Reactions: JRP3 and ReddyLeaf
I'm preaching to the choir, but that article is off base to say the SC only helps the few Tesla owners in the area. I live in the the Syracuse area and we went to the children's garden and science center this weekend in Ithaca. Because the Supercharger is convenient to Tops and Wegmans, we ended up doing our shopping while we were in Ithaca rather than closer to home. Having the SC definitely should help local businesses.

I LOVE that this is here! For the people who complain that its a bad location, look at Rochester, Syracuse and Buffalo, at least ours is within seconds of the city center. There are also a TON of businesses within walking distance.

I made this for the Now You Know guys last month.

Reactions: BagheeraNY
Anybody willing to give a model Y test drive? I’ve got a “family” member in the area who would like one. Probably not ready to buy just yet, but a test drive in the spring after the weather clears would be greatly appreciated. Will definitely need and use your referral code. PM me.

Was there for a quick "Splash and go" this weekend - on the way from Rochester to Roscoe - didn't want to stop at the Charger in Bing, and we usually come down by the back roads if the weather is nice. 7 minutes on the charger, and good to go to Roscoe, where we ate lunch

Was there for a quick "Splash and go" this weekend - on the way from Rochester to Roscoe - didn't want to stop at the Charger in Bing, and we usually come down by the back roads if the weather is nice. 7 minutes on the charger, and good to go to Roscoe, where we ate lunch
BTW, the reason for NOT going to Bing? On the way up, we stopped at Binghamton, and went to the Spot Diner - my wife ordered pancakes - and they came with GROSS margarine, not butter, and she wanted pancakes again