Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kalispell, MT (under construction Apr 2024, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kalispell is most definitely not an I-90 site... And I 100% agree. We made the drive several times from Spokane to Cranbrook, BC last winter. We have to charge up to 100% in Coeur d' Alene to get there in the cold and arrive in Cranbrook around 10%. You really think people aren't driving to Cranbrook, Calgary, Edmonton, etc...? I do think Sandpoint would be better than Bonners though. Would also make it possible to come back to Spokane that direction from Glacier instead of to I-90. Also would really like to see SC's in Newport, Colville, and Grand Coulee. That would really open up the other routes to BC.
I never said they weren’t. I asked where people were going. If you don’t live and drive the roads all the time, looking at a map doesn’t make it obvious there is demand for these routes. And if you can currently make the trip without a SC, that supports teslas lack of a site in the area. I’m not saying there shouldn’t be, it’s just the way their cats driven world works. If everyone overnighted on L2 in Sandpoint on the way to Cranbrook, it would show a need for a SC to make travel there easier.

Sorry to start a philosophical debate on the merits of Bonner's Ferry 😅

My reasoning is that we often drive from CdA to Kalispell along HWY 2 and in the winter it is a stretch. You need 100% fill up in CdA and you need a LR (no SR or SR+) in order to not charge. In the summer it's not a bad stretch (assuming you have a place to charge when you get to Kalispell).

Bonner's Ferry does have a single CCS1 plug which is nice, but something with a little more confidence (Super charger) would also be nice.
I was just trying to point out that comments in a vacuum don’t make sense without knowing the whole situation. Always good to support your comments like your most recent one. It is appreciated for someone new to the PNW. And it is thoughtfully laid out comments like yours that Tesla needs to see to justify these sights. Just saying we want a charger here doesn’t mean anything to them. If you just want to supercharge instead of paying to have home charging installed, that’s not enough for Tesla.

Sorry to start a philosophical debate on the merits of Bonner's Ferry 😅

My reasoning is that we often drive from CdA to Kalispell along HWY 2 and in the winter it is a stretch. You need 100% fill up in CdA and you need a LR (no SR or SR+) in order to not charge. In the summer it's not a bad stretch (assuming you have a place to charge when you get to Kalispell).

Bonner's Ferry does have a single CCS1 plug which is nice, but something with a little more confidence (Super charger) would also be nice.
There is now a Tesla page for suggesting a new location. You never know, they might listen. 😳 I have submitted a couple for the west.

Supercharger Voting | Tesla

• Informative
Reactions: Johnny Vector
Great folks. Appreciate all the interest, but can we keep it on topic. We are here now, and many people that subscribe to this thread look for updates not wishes and dreams. I get it. I have followed this location for years. Let's not debate all the other traffic flow of the west. Kalispell is the supercharger in question.

I think they sign $1 leases for the vast majority of sites
You're talking about the majority, but that's not the point. It matters which direction the absolute statement was. I'm not the person claiming Tesla always pays rent. It's the other person who claimed Tesla never pays rent. And that only takes one counterexample to be false. Tesla has to make a lot of different kinds of deals in many different kinds of locations to get the space they need. And in some high population cities in things like parking garages, which aren't shopping centers, where is this "extra business" that it will supposedly attract?

They aren’t in the real estate business so the less money paid out, the better.
Well who wouldn't want to pay less money?! But they have to take what they can get, so despite their desire to not pay out money, they probably have to in several locations.

I never said they weren’t. I asked where people were going. If you don’t live and drive the roads all the time, looking at a map doesn’t make it obvious there is demand for these routes. And if you can currently make the trip without a SC, that supports teslas lack of a site in the area. I’m not saying there shouldn’t be, it’s just the way their cats driven world works. If everyone overnighted on L2 in Sandpoint on the way to Cranbrook, it would show a need for a SC to make travel there easier.

I was just trying to point out that comments in a vacuum don’t make sense without knowing the whole situation. Always good to support your comments like your most recent one. It is appreciated for someone new to the PNW. And it is thoughtfully laid out comments like yours that Tesla needs to see to justify these sights. Just saying we want a charger here doesn’t mean anything to them. If you just want to supercharge instead of paying to have home charging installed, that’s not enough for Tesla.
Making these trips is tight in a Long Range though. Impossible in anything less, or older vehicles. Also, add any rain, snow, or head wind and you cannot do it in a LR either. It is also not ideal to leave home at 100% only to spend another 45 minutes charging to 100% 20 miles away in CDA to make the trip. For the sake of getting to Cranbrook, or Kalispell via 2, another charger in Sandpoint/Bonners would go a long way.

It's also AWESOME St Regis is getting done! The extra miles to Superior to get to Kalispell will not be missed.

Blackstone is likely going to start construction here soon.
They are very likely going to start Butte/Silver Bow next. There is already a dig ticket filed there and not one for here yet. This is also Q4 so it probably won't start till all the Q3 ones are done.

There also hasn't been an electrical permit filed with the state.

Blackstone is doing Billings and Laurel and the Wireless Construction site in St Regis their first so don't expect to see them get more sites until that one is complete to see if it goes smoothly.

Reactions: IdaX
No activity yet, there was some painting going on, but doesn’t appear to be related
IMG_6810.jpeg

I’ve been driving by the site every other week just to look in, I haven’t seen anything notable.

But I took advantage of FSD transfer opportunity and am taking delivery of a new Model 3 Performance on Monday. Quite the upgrade from my VIN 40xx 2018 Model 3.
Montana participates in public dig ticket listing. You can check here instead of driving by. Or just wait for one one to post. It is rare a ticket is filed and not posted within a day.