Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Butte, MT - Grizzly Trl. (LIVE 25 Jan 2024, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Showing in the app. This is significant as it completes the first all V3 shortest path coast to coast route in the US. Almost any Tesla can now go from Boston to Seattle using only V3 superchargers without going out of their way.

IMG_5108.png

Last edited:
They sure like installing them in pairs on this route!

View attachment 1012317

(Yes.. sneakily cropped to exclude a couple of groups of 3 at either end...)
1706230557125.png
If I had a magic wand and could wish some superchargers into existence from my time in Montana. These would be the locations that could benefit from them the most. There are secondary highways that have yet to be filled across the state. Highway 200 between Missoula and Great Falls isn't passable Westbound in the wintertime in a LR Model Y. The Hi-Line would benefit from any EV charging as options are non-existent until you get over the border but that road is heavily traveled, especially in summer when the tourists descend. Throwing a charger at Eddies Corner would close the gap between Great Falls and Billings and would open up round-trip travel to central Montana (where I grew up). Then you have the nice to haves Dillon, Drummond, and Hysham. All along Interstates and all would bring the gaps <100 miles.

They sure like installing them in pairs on this route!

View attachment 1012317

(Yes.. sneakily cropped to exclude a couple of groups of 3 at either end...)
What ImScotty said. Montana is the Western Australia of the USA. There are a few small towns in between, but they might even have power supply issues.

Also the early ones were v2s and now these towns are getting v3s so it kind of makes sense.