Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Butte, MT - Grizzly Trl. (LIVE 25 Jan 2024, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Similar to Missoula Wye, needs site work to be ready but also needs a transformer and switchgear cabinet. There is an empty pad for the cabinet at the west end.
IMG_5816.jpeg

ChatGPT​

1. finaled
    Finaled is an English word used as the past tense or past participle of the verb "finalize." It refers to the completion or conclusion of a process, decision, or action, typically indicating that something has reached its final stage or has been officially settled or confirmed.

Should be finalized or passed final inspection but it appears to have been shortened to finaled.

Besides lines this project seems pretty finished. I am not a huge fan of how this one was constructed. The PSUs are sitting in the middle of what used to be the parking spots. See the curb behind them along with the signage. This makes them exceptionally vulnerable to an idiot with a trailer pulling alongside here and completely blocking all 8 stalls. I worry this may happen intermittently as this site gets powered on, but I sure hope that is not the case.

1695341519726.png

Besides lines this project seems pretty finished. I am not a huge fan of how this one was constructed. The PSUs are sitting in the middle of what used to be the parking spots. See the curb behind them along with the signage. This makes them exceptionally vulnerable to an idiot with a trailer pulling alongside here and completely blocking all 8 stalls. I worry this may happen intermittently as this site gets powered on, but I sure hope that is not the case.

View attachment 976109
That is true for a lot of stations but especially PSU ones. The only way to solve this is to have bollards on the lines in the parking area.

This site has had the bollards removed similarly to Missoula's new supercharger. Do you think this may be due to an impending update to support Magic Dock? They usually only remove them on sites that will have Magic Dock.

Attachments

• 1699304032701.png
    1699304032701.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 40
Currently in Butte:
View attachment 1009075

Anyone supercharged in temps like this? I’m curious how much it slows everything down.

I charged here last Christmas when it was -38°F in a RWD LFP Model 3. I saw ~145 kW vs the expected 172 kW (I was charging at the EA across the highway). The cables on these old V2 superchargers are REALLY hard to bend in these cold temps.

Attachments

• IMG_1021.jpeg
    IMG_1021.jpeg
    533.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1023.jpeg
    IMG_1023.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1024.jpeg
    IMG_1024.jpeg
    435.6 KB · Views: 17
How did you beat the projection in that weather? Must’ve been a strong tail wind.
There was no tailwind. The air was actually terrifyingly calm. The car was preconditioning a TON due to the temps (LFP M3) and the projected arrival when I unplugged in Missoula at 100% SoC was -2% arrival to Butte. But I drove slower and the car overestimated it's needs for battery preconditioning.