Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kalispell, MT (under construction Apr 2024, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And actually it’s been longer than that. I’ve been retired from the power company for 2 years. We met with the head of the Tesla supercharger team years before I retired. They had hosts back out. They looked for new hosts. Then Town Pump figured out that they would host the charging and just sell convenience store items. These are the best locations, so it’s good that the superchargers are adjacent to the Town Pump stations.

Reactions: scottf200
And actually it’s been longer than that. I’ve been retired from the power company for 2 years. We met with the head of the Tesla supercharger team years before I retired. They had hosts back out. They looked for new hosts. Then Town Pump figured out that they would host the charging and just sell convenience store items. These are the best locations, so it’s good that the superchargers are adjacent to the Town Pump stations.
I wouldn't say best for all the people all of the time, but best utility for pure refueling stops.

My wife is already sick of Sheetz gas stations from a single trip to Pittsburgh in our Kona, having charged 5 times total at 3 of them. :p

I wouldn't say best for all the people all of the time, but best utility for pure refueling stops.

My wife is already sick of Sheetz gas stations from a single trip to Pittsburgh in our Kona, having charged 5 times total at 3 of them. :p
SC at the same stores can get monotonous, but having 24/7 restrooms is really appreciated when driving late at night.

I saw them out last week measuring. It has begun.
IMG_8558.jpeg
IMG_8559.jpeg

Talking to the guys, they said there will be a camera to monitor idle parking and integrated wifi. Have all new locations been equipped this way? I don’t even try to find WiFi anymore.
WiFi service at all new sites is standard these days - how accessible/useful it is to customer vehicles is evolving. Some sites allow the cars to connect to the site WiFi, but there is no internet service accessible on that WiFi connection. So, if you get to site and want to watch Netflix and it's not working... check to see if the car as connected to the supercharger WiFi and disconnect from it to see if that solves the problem.

Cameras, on the other hand, are something I don't think I've heard of *Tesla* installing at any sites before. I can see the site host installing security cameras for their property if they wish.

WiFi service at all new sites is standard these days - how accessible/useful it is to customer vehicles is evolving. Some sites allow the cars to connect to the site WiFi, but there is no internet service accessible on that WiFi connection. So, if you get to site and want to watch Netflix and it's not working... check to see if the car as connected to the supercharger WiFi and disconnect from it to see if that solves the problem.

Cameras, on the other hand, are something I don't think I've heard of *Tesla* installing at any sites before. I can see the site host installing security cameras for their property if they wish.
Cameras to monitor the idle situation is definitely new and could be interesting. I could only see them charging people who unplug and stay in the spot because otherwise depending on how they park they might not have access to license plate info. On the other hand, they can easily monitor iceing and have a tow called in.

Reactions: Tdreamer
Cameras to minute the idle situation is definitely new and coukd be interesting. I could only see them charging people who unplug and stay in the spot because otherwise depending on how they park they might not have access to license plate info. On the other hand, they can easily monitor iceing and have a tow called in.
They could also assess idle fees by monitoring those that unplug and don't move the car by monitoring car being put into drive, GPS coordinates, etc... But that would be for Tesla's only - in the world beyond Tesla-only supercharging I could see cameras being the way forward and is aligned well with Tesla's vision based AI.

• Love
Reactions: SO16 and scottf200